You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Malmesbury, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 19,000.0 per year
Research, Design and Development (RDD) is Dyson's engine room. It’s where our engineers challenge convention, build, test, fail, refine, and then fail again - all to invent technology that solves problems that others ignore.
Join us as an intern and from day one you’ll be assigned to a live project with the chance to have a meaningful impact on the evolution of Dyson technology.
Whether you are with us for 12 weeks or 12 months, you’ll be expected to hit the ground running on one of Dyson’s many live projects. Working as part of a larger project team, you’ll have your own set of project deliverables and the chance to take ownership of how these are achieved.
Some of your tasks could include:
- Using creative problem solving to produce effective design solutions
- Designing and building proof-of-principle rigs
- Hand-producing prototypes
- Testing prototypes to validate design decisions
- Defining product specifications and design of production parts
Working with engineers and scientists/technical experts across a broad range of disciplines, you’ll be comfortable learning from others, but also sharing your own knowledge, ideas and opinions.
You’ll be sketching, prototyping, testing, failing and refining to deliver the high standards of product development Dyson is based on and working on ideas that will transform markets. You’ll need to be thoroughly hands on, practically applying your technical knowledge with a creative flair to ensure that all engineering problems are resolved thoroughly.
As well as being supported by your line manager, you’ll also be assigned a buddy to help you along the way.
Our internships are competitive and delivering the next generation of Dyson technology is tough, so you’ll need to be:
- On track for a 2:1 or above in an Engineering discipline, but with a demonstrable passion for design.
- Able to evidence how you have applied your technical knowledge to solve problems, either through your university projects or as part of your extra-curricular activities.
- Happy to build your own networks to learn from the technical expertise around you.
- Creative in your approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better.
- Passionate about Dyson and our technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans.
Above all, you’ll want to play a key part in bringing the next generation of Dyson technology to the world.
- 27 days holiday (pro-rated) plus bank holidays
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Performance related bonus
- Free on-site parking
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Who we are
We’re Dyson, a global technology enterprise. Since 1993 we’ve been finding new ways to solve real-world problems – from vacuum cleaners with revolutionary cyclone technology, to a hairdryer with intelligent heat control. Our global headquarters, home to our first RDD centre, is located in the Cotswolds where the Dyson stor
- Engineering & industrial, Science & Research
- Malmesbury, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1993
1, Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury SN16 0RP, UK