- Winchester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 19 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 22 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Location: Winchester, Hampshire, UK
Salary: Competitive (subject to relevant experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
As a global and fast expanding business, the company is looking for a process safety engineer to provide expert consultancy advice to blue chip clients on improving, understanding and mitigating the risks of process safety hazards. Working closely with their in-house testing laboratories to provide quality fire and explosion properties data on which to develop operational safety within plant. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake consulting work world-wide, although primarily in the UK and Europe, and deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions to technical safety challenges. Familiarity with DSEAR/ATEX assessments, Electrostatic hazards, Hazardous Area Classification (HAC) zoning, etc., is essential.
The successful candidate will proactively work with clients on the end-to-end process of identifying, scoping, reporting, follow-up and auditing of safety projects. Establishing and meeting critical client deadlines and be a capable, and effective communicator and advocate of process safety. With 3+ years’ experience of commercial process engineering and relevant safety experience, the applicants should have a good understanding of regulatory and legislation compliance for safety in the process industries and be aware of changes and updates emanating from national government and the EU. They will be expected to become the primary process safety contact for their clients and partner with them to provide expert advice and guidance on process safety and the scoping and pricing of projects.
* Undertake Process Safety Consultancy and Training
* Support and Partner with key clients to develop safety projects
* Technical scoping and pricing of projects
* Peer review of Consultancy Reports
* Support Marketing in preparing Technical copy for publicity material / PR / articles and related activities
* Present open courses/seminar/webinars on our Technical Services
* Experience process safety expert ideally Graduate in Chemical Engineering
* Experience in Process Safety Consultancy
* Excellent communications skills
* Good IT proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
* Experience of client business development would be useful
* Full clean UK driving license
* Candidates must live or be prepared to relocate, at their own expense, to within commuting distance of Winchester, UK
Essential Core Technical Skills:
* DSEAR/ ATEX Assessment
* Hazardous Area Classification
* Electrostatic Hazards Assessment
* Fire Risk Assessment
* HAZOP / QRA / LOPA / PHA / HAZID
* ISO 61508 / 11 Functional Safety (SIL, SIS)
* COMAH / Seveso III
* Dispersion Modelling (SAFETI / PHAST)
* Process Safety Management
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Please note: due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position and so candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Candidates with experience of: Account Manager, Process Safety Consultant, Safety, Safety Consultant, HAZOP, QRA, PHA, HAZID, COMAH, SAFETI, PHAST, Business Development, BDM, Engineering, Science Engineer, Chemical Engineer, LOPA, Sales, BDE, Environmental Engineer, may also be considered for this role.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Bluetownonline Ltd
With unprecedented access to the online recruitment market, Bluetownonline allows your organisation to secure the best candidates for less saving time, money and stress.
We pass the value onto you, as well as offering strategic advantages on a range of services including the placement of international candidates in 100 countries across
- Technology & IT, Recruitment & HR
- in Winchester, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2010