You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 05 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 27,500.0 per year
Our client is looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join their innovation department. This department works like a start-up within a multinational firm. This is a unique opportunity to join a flexible organisation and experience a very dynamic role.
Below is a full job description of the role:
The world around us is changing. Customer expectations on access, speed, convenience and experience, are ever-increasing and it is only a matter of time before those behaviours and expectations reach our sector. The dramatic and accelerating pace of change, the unstoppable rise of the technology giants, and technology-led disruption sweeping across business and society, have already shaken many industry sectors. We believe innovation should be one of our biggest levers of value creation going forward, so we are ultimately a winner, not a victim, of disruption. We also believe a focus on innovation can greatly impact our culture, brand and image, and that it will be motivating for all of us to be part of a business at the forefront of innovation in our industry. As a result, our purpose is to champion, nurture and drive tangible innovation across the Commercial and High Net Worth Department to deliver sustainable value creation.
Key facts about the role
- Location: West Malling or Reading
- Business function: Business Transformation and Innovation
- Flexible working options for this role: 36.25 hour week, flexitime
- Duration: Permanent
- Please note that some travel will be required between West Malling and Reading.
Requirements for the role
- Forward thinking and able to visualise and articulate creative solutions
- Researching skills
- Able to put yourself in the customer’s shoes in order to understand their needs
- Early adopter of emerging technology and display an understanding of social trends
- Not afraid of failure and able to positively turn it into lessons learned which are applied to future iterations and other ideas
- Able to challenge the status quo
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to organise yourself
Responsibilities and Duties
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Providing a new perspective on the world of insurance and offering insight based on your passion for emerging technology and social trends to contribute to the delivery of value creating customer centric solutions
- Researching and analysing information to deliver insight in to both existing and future needs and opportunities
- Actively participating in both the nurture of existing and the creation of new, innovative ideas within the Commercial and High Net Worth Department
- Inspiring your colleagues to seek out new opportunities and apply different perspectives in order to identify new ways of creating value for our customers, business partners and the Commercial and High Net Worth Department
- Collaborating with your colleagues on Innovation Team projects using a range of tools to record research and track ideas and their execution
- Helping to induct and inspire secondees on the culture and ways of working within the Innovation Team
- Championing innovation internally to promote the awareness of the activities of the unit and attract new
- Complete other activity over and above those listed in the role profile, appropriate to your skills and
- Customer experience
- Make sure that you treat all our customers with the principles of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Understand how you play a part in the Customer Experience
- Provide a service to all of our customers (internal and external) that is memorable for the right reasons and builds our reputation as a great company to work for and do business with doing the right thing
- Make sure that everything you do fits in with the legal requirements, insurance policies and regulatory requirements
- Be aware of threats to our organisation and customers (e.g. financial crime, fraud and money laundering)
- Taking the appropriate action to minimise the impact of risks to our business (e.g. by following processes and reporting any concerns to your manager)
- Treating the personal data of our customers, employees and other individuals lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and other related legislation
What’s on offer?
- An opportunity to be part of a start-up, within a wider organisation, and to contribute to the development of innovative ideas in order to create value for our customers, business partners and business
- A creative and entrepreneurial environment where ideas are explored using a “Test, Learn, Iterate”
- The opportunity to develop a wide range of skills experience, by working on a varied range of ideas and collaborating with multiple business areas
- Be part of a business at the forefront of innovation in our industry
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £27,500.00 /yearWho we are looking for
Qualifications and Skills
Educated to A Level standard or equivalent
Experience and knowledge
- Competent in Microsoft Office software suite
- Knowledge of other computer software, apps, social networking sites etc.
- Previous work experience e.g. previous employment, internship, apprenticeship etc.
- Entrepreneurial, inventive and creative
- Not afraid of failure or challenging the status quo
- Passionate and enthusiastic about making a difference to our customers, business partners and business
- Strive for excellence, positively demanding of yourself and others
- Foster collaborative working across the organisation; open to other’s ideas and engage others using a clear, articulate and inclusive communication style
- Self-starter; initiates and drives positive change; tenacious; takes action and delivers on commitments; works with moderate direction and inspires others to do the same
- Observant and curious
- Adaptable, responsive and flexible
- Able to work in a fluid, fast paced and agile environment
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.