You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Birmingham, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 2,500.0 per month
We are the team that engineer, deliver, manage and decommission nuclear facilities worldwide, using the latest technology solutions to ensure the lights stay on and the world remains a safe place. Our power business has been delivering electrical, civil and structural engineering services to the global power sector for over 20 years. We’re now leaning into new energy challenges such as offshore generation and transmission, energy from waste, electric vehicle infrastructure and the integration of smart grid technology - helping to drive evolution in the power sector. With an unwavering commitment to safety, quality and efficiency, we are well positioned to add value to today’s challenges of delivering the next generation of nuclear power plants while at the same time maintaining the existing generating fleet and safely decommissioning legacy facilities. We’re now looking to the future, working with Small Modular Reactor (SMR) developers to advance new designs and developing digital applications, such as virtual and augmented reality, for the nuclear industry.
What you’ll be doing
We have opportunities for graduates across a range of our Nuclear & Power teams in the UK. From an Electrical/Electronic or Electrical, Control & Instrumentation Engineering background, you could be working in one of the following teams:
As a graduate engineer, you could be involved in:
- Supporting on some major projects across various areas of Energy from nuclear decommissioning, new power generation and transmission, to nuclear new build projects.
- Carrying out design and assessment for electrical generation, transmission and distribution systems.
- Working in partnership with our clients to provide professional consultancy advice, helping them deliver their complex engineering programmes.
- Reviewing and developing designs to improve plants, equipment, grids and Energy related systems
- Carrying out surveys and site inspections, building strong client relationships
- Using a variety of engineering software packages, as well as 2D and 3D modelling for new designs and modifications
- Attending graduate networks & forums to help shape our scheme & graduate community activities
Who we’re looking for
- You’ll be a talented graduate with a minimum 2.2 Masters/MEng degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Electrical Control and Instrumentation Engineering or any other Electrical related degree.
- You’ll have ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills and achieve Chartered status.
- You’ll have a passion for working in a consultancy environment, you’ll want to work with customers both internally and externally and you’ll be adaptable and happy to cope with change.
- Communication and team-working will be your key skills as well as having the ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions.
- You will have a flexible approach to mobility.
Benefits & Rewards
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join – paid within the first month.
- Continuous support and mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen institution, funded by Atkins. With a chartership bonus of £2,500 once attained.
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training.
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days leave per year.
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you.
- Local graduate forums & a strong graduate network across all locations.
- Annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends, team building activities and more.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas from moving people across London faster on Crossrail through to solving the energy challenges of the future.
Our work covers a range of sectors including Transportation, Water, Aerospace, Defence, Energy, t
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1938