- Bristol, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 13 May, 2019
- Posted on 22 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 26,000.0 per year
By joining the Software Engineering function, you will be directly involved with a diverse range of projects. You will gain exposure to numerous programming languages, software tools and software lifecycle methodologies, ensuring your time is an engaging, challenging and unique experience.
What will you be doing?
During the first two years, you will develop the skills necessary to become a well-rounded software engineer. This goal will be achieved through a combination of technical training, career support and challenging work placements. This scheme is specifically oriented around Mission Planning and Command and Control software.
You will work closely with other teams in a variety of development stages within our weapons systems. These will include embedded and front end software development on a range of platforms, such as Windows and Linux, utilising C++ and Java.
You will be given ownership for project deliverables, including the creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
You will also collaborate with other functions, make sound business decisions, understand the business and work closely with your team members. You will create a personal development plan, in close collaboration with your manager, to shape your career.
In addition, you will also have the opportunity to organise and support business level activities such as forums, talks and presentations, competitions and charity events.
What are the benefits for you?
- Exposure to all aspects of a software development lifecycle
- Formal and on-the-job training provided for learning new programming languages and software tools
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools and inspire the next generation of engineers through the STEM programme (for example - building a functioning robot with a school team for a competition)
- Opportunities to travel - in particular, we work closely with our French and Italian colleagues
- Personal development events and training experiences with your peers throughout the scheme
What’s great about joining this team?
- The breadth of experience and support available in the departments, which includes a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme, and regular informal meetings with other graduates in Software Engineering.
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative office environment and systems laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development
- We run an annual Software Challenge that offers the chance to collaborate with others in the team, to solve a demanding and engaging software problem!
What would you get?
Starting Salary of £26k plus two pay reviews per year whilst on the graduate scheme, Joining Bonus of £2000, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
- To have obtained or be expecting to obtain at least a 2:2 in a computer science or other science or engineering based degree, such as software engineering, electrical/electronic engineering, physics or maths, by Sept 2018.
- A proactive attitude, comfortable taking initiative.
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly
- Capable of working as part of a team and individually
- Adaptable to changing requirements
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About MBDA UK
A world leader in missiles and missile systems.
Our multi-national organisation is made up of over 10,000 employees working across the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and the US, and is the first truly integrated European defence company.
As the European champion in our sector, our vision is to continue to grow our prese
- Engineering & industrial
- Stevenage, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 2001