You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 16 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 10.2 per hour
ISEAL is recruiting for a motivated individual who is interested in sustainability to join our team for a seven-month internship supporting the preparation and coordination of our event activities during that period.
Location: London, UK
Duration: November/December 2018 – May/June 2019
Wage: London living wage: £10.20/hour (as per 2018)
ISEAL is the global association for sustainability standards, whose membership includes organisations such as Fairtrade International, Forest Stewardship Council and Rainforest Alliance.
ISEAL’s calendar of events ranges from workshops to launch events and big international symposia.
In 2019, ISEAL is organising a series of events and workshops for the sustainability standards and certification movement including a symposium in London, which is a gathering point for all of the members and organisations in our network. The events will cover a variety of exciting topics, such as the impacts of sustainability standards, and will feature the work of innovative projects. They will involve many sessions, speakers and side meetings so there is a great deal of planning and preparation required for all the events.
In addition to the core support on events, the intern will also assist in the cataloguing and coding of resources on the ISEAL community website, to prepare for major website improvements. Through this work, the intern will gain a broad awareness of ISEAL’s work and the resources ISEAL produces to support its members and wider community.
This is an excellent opportunity for any intern aspiring for a career in the sustainability sector to build his or her skills and experience in event planning and coordination as well as in working in a busy global not-for-profit environment with colleagues from many international backgrounds. The intern will benefit from being part of a dynamic team dealing with many other organisations and individuals around the world.
You will play an active role in our Events team, helping to organise logistics and registrations and make preparations for the events. You will support the sourcing of services as well as communicate with attendees, speakers and partners. You will coordinate with ISEAL ́s Communications Team supporting the production of related materials and web pages. You will also support ISEAL’s work to improve its web presence by assisting with the cataloguing and coding of web-based resources
If you would like to express an interest in this internship, please send your CV, along with a statement about why this internship appeals to you as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with first interviews taking place in late October. Due to an anticipated high number of applications we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates for an initial telephone interview. Qualifications
To maximise your learning, you will be involved in, and receive training, in some of the following areas:
• Processing online registrations and responding to enquiries
• Programme production such as gathering of speaker photos and bios
• Outreach and support to conference speakers and ISEAL members
• Liaising with venue, catering and other service providers
• Logistics and planning for the events
• Website communications and editing
• Drafting of conference materials
• Support in implementing event marketing strategies
• Select tasks related to email campaigns, blogging, multimedia and other communications activities
• Organisation of data and mailing lists
• Development of an event app
• Strong organisational skills and time management
• Ability to deal with enquiries via e-mail and phone
• Excellent English language skills (spoken and written)
• At ease with IT based systems
• Confidence in completing administrative and logistical tasks
• Creativity and ability to take initiative
• Interest in sustainability issues
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Prior experience in event support desired but not essential
Full training will be provided for necessary systems and processes.
Interested candidates must be legally allowed to work in the UK.
Interns are not entitled to any employee benefits provided to ISEAL employees.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Iseal Alliance
ISEAL is the global membership association of sustainability standards systems. Our mission is to strengthen the effectiveness of sustainability standards for the benefit of people and the environment.
We distinguish and promote credible standards and support cooperation among our members and other interested parties to shape an effective
- Charity & Non-profit
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2002