You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 01 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you love science but feel that a career at the bench isn’t enough to sate your desire to learn more about the natural world? Do you enjoy reading papers outside your chosen area of research? If the answer is ‘yes’ to any or all of these questions, you could be the person we’re looking for to join the editorial team of Nature Medicine in our New York or London offices for a fixed term of 6 months. This is a great opportunity to learn and develop editorial skills, to interact with a multidisciplinary team and be on top of what is happening in medicine.
Nature Medicine is the premier journal for translational and clinical research in the Nature Research portfolio, publishing only original peer-reviewed research in all areas of medicine on the basis of its originality, timeliness, interdisciplinary interest and impact on improving human health. The journal also publishes News, Reviews and Perspectives, aimed at contextualizing the latest advances in translational and clinical research to reach a wide audience of M.D. and Ph.D. readers. To help us to build on the success of this journal, we are seeking a highly motivated scientist with strong interest in translational and clinical research, ability to think critically and across a range of topics.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in the biomedical or medical sciences and expertise in genomics, human genetics or genome editing. Post-doctoral experience is a plus.
- A passion for science and a thirst to learn more.
- You must be able to demonstrate the breadth of your interest in scientific research, both within and beyond your specialty.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from different areas of this discipline.
- Be comfortable with working in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Some editorial experience is preferred for this role.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Editor, and play an important role in helping the chief to shape the future of the journal. They will handle original research papers, and work closely with other editors on all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript selection and overseeing peer review. The ability to recommend well-reasoned editorial decisions on submitted manuscripts in the light of expert advice is crucial. They will liaise extensively with editors at other journals in the Nature family, and other experts in the international scientific community.
This role is located in our New York or London offices. The position is offered on a full-time basis, for a fixed term of 6 months.
Applicants should submit a CV and a brief cover letter explaining their interest for the position.
Applications will be accepted until November 30th.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Springer Nature
Discover. Learn. Achieve.
Springer Nature is a world leading research, educational and professional publisher, providing quality content to our communities through a range of innovative platforms, products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people – helping researcher
- Media, Publishing & Events, Academia & Education
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 2015
The Macmillan Building, 4 Crinan St, Kings Cross, London, UK