- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 31 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 19 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 21,999.0 per year
Business Development Placement
This is a terrific opportunity to join one of the world’s largest enterprise software companies and have a direct influence in nurturing the next generation of cloud solutions.
The Oracle Digital Innovation team drives Business Development activities for key Cloud Innovation products including Blockchain, Kubernetes, Chatbots, Content & Experience and Visual Development solutions. We create new markets and new opportunities to raise awareness around Oracle’s Digital Innovation and Cloud Native Development products.
You will join a small but highly focused team that is located across multiple European locations servicing all major countries in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Eastern Europe – whilst your home location will be UK, you will be required to interact with and support team members located in many different locations.
The team’s role is business development and new product incubation – this will require skills that cross both hands-on development skills and business/sales focused skills. Whilst development skills are valued the successful candidate must be comfortable and enjoy evangelising, discussing and sharing the benefits of cloud-native development and innovation products using the Oracle platform.
We are recruiting a talented individual to help lead our Meetup focused developer reach-out strategy, you will help to identify key developer Meetup’s across EMEA, work with country teams to build relationships with these Meetups, identify key trending topics that are relevant to these communities and organise a virtual team of Oracle evangelists that are able to deliver Oracle content relevant to the communities.
Full support, guidance and training will be provided – the team you are joining enjoys challenges and pro-actively driving change across our business, success in this role will require an individual that is self-motivated, is excited by emerging technologies, is highly-organised and motivated by working with teams from multiple countries and time-zones.
The role requires a self-starter that can network successful and build strong relationships across our complex business, it will require an individual that can create momentum and is happy to lead from the front.
Your primary objectives and responsibilities will be:
Programme Support (70%)
- Creation of Key Meetup Targets and monitoring progress towards engagement with these communities
- Lead the creation of a new Speaker and Topic Bureau which will identify Oracle evangelist that can support country teams
- Assisting the Digital Innovation team and regional teams with the execution of their ambitious meetup programme.
- Development of frameworks and structures to support efficiency of programme delivery and drive engagement between Meetups and Oracle
- Liaising with internal Oracle functions
- Assistance in preparation of reports, strategic decks and presentations, including collating information from multiple stakeholders / members of theteam
- You are an entrepreneurially minded individual and thrive in working in a fast-paced team
- You work independently and are confident to create personal networks across the business
- You are interested in technology trends and startups
- You have a computer science background and are happy to talk about coding and development
- You are open minded and eager to learn and build new skills
- You are able to manage your time efficiently and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- You will be execution focused, organized and be able to deliver to tight deadlines
- You are detail orientated with an understanding that the little things matter
- You are flexible and comfortable to adjust, shape and change as the programme evolves
- You will have a positive and creative attitude to solving problems, and have the ability to think outside the box and ask questions to help improve the way we operate
The primary location of the role will be Reading or London.
From the data center to the cloud, Oracle is eliminating the complexity that stifles business innovation. By simplifying the business environment, Oracle enables its customers—400,000 of them across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries—to innovate faster and create added value for their own customers.
Oracle helps customers reduce complexity and achieve business agility with a comprehensive and fully integrated set of cloud applications across Sales, Marketing, Service, Finance, HR, Manufacturing and Logistics and much more.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company.
From the data centre to the cloud, Oracle not only eliminates the complexity that stifles business innovation, but also engineers in speed, reliability, security, and manageability. The result i
- Technology & IT
- Reading, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1977