You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Cardiff, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 20,000.0 per year
CardiffWe are looking for enthusiastic graduates, with a real passion for working with numbers, data and new technology. This is a great opportunity to be part of our Loans Credit Risk & Pricing Graduate Programme, joining a growing department in Admiral’s consumer lending products business.
You should have a strong mathematical foundation, gained through a degree such as Maths, Physics, Engineering, or alternative STEM subject. We need you to be a logical thinker and confident modelling and manipulating data, but we do not require any prior experience or knowledge of Financial Services.
Our Loans Credit Risk & Pricing Graduate Programme will give you a solid grounding in how we use data to gain a competitive advantage. Over a 12-month period, you will complete 3 rotations in MI, Credit Risk, Pricing and Statistical Modelling.
We invest heavily in you, and your personal and professional development; you’ll be encouraged to challenge yourself and gain new skills throughout your time on the programme. You’ll be trained in our chosen statistical tool, SAS, and you’ll gain a nationally recognised professional management qualification through the Admiral Academy and the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
You will learn the analysis behind assessing an individual’s credit and affordability, how to set prices based on behavioural and market data and build predictive models that will help drive the business strategy.
In addition to the support of the Graduate Programme Manager, you'll have your own dedicated business mentor and a graduate buddy for personal support and professional guidance throughout the graduate programme.
By the end of the programme you will be ready to move into a permanent role and our aim is for the programme to help pave the way for you to have a successful and rewarding career as an analyst within one of our data rich functions.
Programme Facts and Figures
- Start date in either February or September 2019
- Starting salary of £20,000, reviewed annually based on your performance
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata on starting), plus up to 3 days unpaid leave
- 39.5 working hours per week (Monday-Friday)
- 12-month comprehensive training programme with a 6-week induction period
- Up to £3,600 in shares every year, plus additional shares through the Discretionary Free Share Scheme (DFSS)
- Gym membership at top City Centre hotels
- Free fruit provided every day
- Flexible working hours and time off for charity work
- ILM qualification, SAS training and further professional development opportunities
- A business mentor and graduate buddy
- Working and living in one of the best cities in Europe
About youMust have:
- 2.1 or above in a STEM discipline (we would also consider a 2:2 with strong A-Level results)
- Ability to communicate complex information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to combine imagination and common sense with statistical analysis
- The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd
- The ability to work full time
Nice to have:
- Evidence of a balance between working independently and as a team
- Previous work experience (paid or unpaid)
- Charity work
- Extra-curricular activities
- Exposure to one or more programming languages
About AdmiralWe're Wales’ only FTSE 100 company with forward-thinking approaches and endless opportunities to test, learn and grow. There's a reason we've been named a best place to work: Our progressive culture, core values, and commitment to diversity and inclusion has created a working environment where people share ideas, aren’t afraid to speak up and change things, and above all, are felt valued.
Based on innovation and organic growth Admiral has grown from being a small start-up into one of the largest car insurance providers in the UK. The company is constantly investigating new products, services and markets and is now in seven countries with a diverse product portfolio.
Admiral’s success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong people focussed culture. We believe that happy people make happy customers and happy customers help increase profits. Our philosophy is a simple yet effective one: people who enjoy what they do, do it better.
We truly care about our customers, they are at the heart of every decision we make. We’re very proud of the innovative products we offer and level of service we provide. Everything we do acknowledges the needs of our customers and by recruiting the right people, we can continue to provide great service and ensure an excellent experience for our customers.
Admiral people work hard to keep us at the top of our industry, and are rewarded for it—with great benefits, a share package based on company performance, work-life balance opportunities, nearby fitness and health centres, and other special perks. The Recruitment Officer looking after this role is Jessica Sutton. If you’d like to know any more about the position, please feel free to drop her an email Jessica.SUTTON2@admiralgroup.co.uk or give her a call on the Recruitment line - 0800 118 1619.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Admiral Group plc
Admiral is a household name in the UK and the only FTSE 100 Company in Wales. The Admiral Group is one of the largest car insurance providers in the UK with businesses all over the world.
You may know us in the UK by our insurance brands Admiral, Elephant, Diamond and Bell, our price comparison site, Confused.com and Gladiat
- Banking & Financial Services
- Cardiff, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1993