You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Joining SNC- Lavalin Atkins on our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Division will mean you that you are able to work with teams across mission critical industries, to contribute to the security and resilience of the nation, or to exploit advanced technology to help clients to not only meet, but embrace these exciting times.
At SNC- Lavalin Atkins we offer a world of opportunities from the projects you’ll work on to the directions you can take your career. Whilst our continuous mentoring, on the job learning and training will help you achieve professional registration and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
What you’ll be doing
If you’re a talented graduate who isn’t afraid to challenge or push boundaries, you can look forward to plenty of variety. Supporting, encouraging and pushing you every step of the way, you’ll get involved in some of our specialist areas, which include;
• Identity management – We have been involved in many ground-breaking systems to provide identity assurance and have developed facial recognition systems
• Geospatial – We plan all aspects of our clients’ projects, and conduct feasibility and strategy studies. We design and develop GI applications and software solutions to help our clients to make the most of their spatial data, and enable our clients to realise the benefits of GIS through the provision of advice, support, management, and maintenance services
• High Integrity Systems – We have been involved in High Integrity software development for over 25 years
• Bespoke software development – We develop business intelligence solutions and bespoke interactive web applications
• Information security – We understand and implement the procedures and processes to deliver systems in some of the highest security environments
• Complex (tele)communications and IT networks
• Wireless/radio and WirelessLAN
Software Development & Critical Digital Systems
Based in our Aldershot and Bristol offices you’ll be working as a Systems Engineer or Software Developer across a wide customer base. You could be involved in a range of projects across the full project lifecycle including; Requirements Gathering, Business Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Development and ongoing Support & Maintenance.
Working in the fields of Identity Assurance, Geospatial information System, software development of data intensive applications, Industrial Automation and Control Systems, Software Assurance, and bespoke Software Development. Our services include the provision of independent technical advice to Customers, the supply of commercial off the shelf software combined with support and custom application training, the development of custom applications using a blend of Microsoft development tools, 3rd party API’s and industry leading databases, and the supply and maintenance of our product portfolio.
Ideal disciplines would be;
• Computer Science
• Software Engineering
• Systems Engineering
• Software Assurance
• App Development
• Electrical and Electronic engineering
Communications and Networks
Working in our Epsom, Glasgow or Bristol offices as an Atkins consulting ICT engineer within the communication and networks element of our communications business, you will be involved in the design and development of a wide variety of electronic communications systems and data networks. Working with our clients and their ICT systems, you could be responsible for any aspect of a developing telecommunications system, from the analysis of user requirements through to managing installation contracts.
You could be exposed to every aspect of the engineering of electronic communications systems; from infrastructure (e.g. optical cable networks and radio) through to the configuration of complex data networks and control systems. You could find yourself working on systems for a new airport or hotel, university or defence installation. Alternatively, your work could involve the development of next-generation broadband networks.
Ideal disciplines would be;
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronic Engineering
Our Graduate scheme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential.
Who we’re looking for
Graduates with or a predicted 2:1 or above (Masters/Bachelors) in any of the disciplines listed above.
• Proactive and confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
• A good communicator who can collaborate with a variety of colleagues and become a trusted customer adviser
• Be UK mobile to work across different locations on a variety of projects
• A lateral thinker who can apply technical knowledge to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions and isn’t afraid to push boundaries
• Not afraid to show initiative or ask for guidance when you need it, you must be customer focused and commercially aware with a strong attention to detail
• Vision, ambition and the drive to keep on learning
• Become a trusted advisor to customers, getting to understand their goals and delivering innovative solutions to meet their needs
• Enjoy collaborating within multidisciplinary teams on projects that make a real difference
Rewards and Benefits
If you join us you will be working on some of the most challenging engineering projects of our time, and helping to shape the future. You will have opportunities to work closely with clients, spending time within their organisations and taking learning from some of the most experienced engineers in the industry. Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join – paid within the first month
- Continuous support and mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen institution, funded by Atkins. With a chartership bonus of £2,500 once complete
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days per year
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you
- Assigned graduate buddy upon joining and a strong graduate network across all locations
- Various annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends and team building activities.
For a full list of our benefits, please refer to our website.
How to apply
Our deadline for applications is Wednesday 2nd January 2019. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible. For further details on our recruitment process please refer to our website.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (or in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas from moving people across London faster on Crossrail through to solving the energy challenges of the future.
Our work covers a range of sectors including Transportation, Water, Aerospace, Defence, Energy, t
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1938