You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 15 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different.
Description of the Business Line or Department - Summary of the business, coverage, services
Working within the Markets COO team in London. Based in Bishops Square, London.
The team of three (of which this role will be part) will have a mandate covering:
* MARK UK Governance: Ensure an effective governance is in place for MARK UK (notably the MARK UK EXCO) and an appropriate oversight is maintained on operational and conduct risks.
* SMR framework: Support the MARK UK SMR in his supervision; and ensure the SMR framework is well designed for MARK UK.
* Lead on transversal projects linked to IT and Real Estate (Flexible working, move to Canary Wharf, Dealing telephony..)
Summary of the key purposes of the role - Summary of the key objectives and primary goals (minimum 3)
* Assist in the monitoring and prevention of operational and conduct risks for MARK UK and help in ensuring an effective UK Governance for MARK on operational and Conduct risk related topics
* Assist in the coordination of transversal regulatory subjects for MARK UK
* Assist in transversal topics/projects (e.g. IT or Real Estate related)
Summary of responsibilities - Minimum of 6 responsibilities to be identified
UK Global Markets COO office is in-charge to tackle to Operational and conduct risk issues transversally for MARK UK and also lead on transversal projects linked to IT and Real Estate.
Main responsibilities of this specific position are: >>
Assist in the monitoring and prevention of operational and conduct risks for MARK UK and help in ensuring an effective UK Governance for MARK on operational and Conduct risk related topics
* Ensure the production of the dashboards are done on a timely and accurate basis by COO/NCG (COO/NCG is in-charge of this task; we need to ensure its correct delivery).
* Continue to enhance the design of relevant dashboards which includes creation of new metrics as and when needed.
Operational and Conduct Risk – Ongoing Governance / Committees
* Ensure consistency in operational and conduct risk framework across all BLs and raise alerts if the framework is not duly followed by any of the required business lines
* Contribute on strengthening of operational and conduct risk management framework for MARK UK.
* Assist in running of following governance committees:
* Prepare for MARK UK Consolidated OCR committee taking input from BL OCR committees.
* Contribute in running of Senior Management Regime agenda in MARK UK EXCO
* Contribute, where and if needed, to the performance of certain PS controls for MARK UK. >>
Assist in the coordination of transversal regulatory subjects for MARK UK
* Assist in any transversal regulatory reviews or remediations needed for MARK UK. >>
Assist in transversal topics/projects (e.g. IT or Real Estate related)
* Manage and/or assist on any specific GTS related initiatives
* Manage and/or assist on any specific real estate related topics
* Manage and/or assist on any other ad-hoc transversal tasks
Level of Autonomy and Authority - Define the autonomy of the role and what the job holder can authorise and make decisions on - If applicable
The ability to work independently is required.
Competencies - Define a minimum of 10 skills and technical knowledge that are essential for the Job holder to have
* The ability to work independently
* One of the important roles will be to monitor and prevent operational and conduct risks
* Strong analytical skills
* Delivering solutions in agreed timeframes.
* General knowledge of financial markets
* General knowledge of new regulatory requirements in terms of conduct & operational risk
* Good knowledge of MS office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
* VBA will be a plus
* A previous experience in SG would be a plus.
* Experience within COO environment of Capital Market activities or exposure in Operational risk or Compliance
University or Business School or Engineer School degree with a specialization in Finance or Banking
English is the first language in UK, and needed to communicate with the different UK stakeholders.(Fluent)
French language is desirable
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Societe Generale
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1864
1-10 Bishops Square, London E1 6EG, UK