You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Ashurst's REAL ESTATE team
About AshurstAshurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Team overview:Ashurst is one of a handful of major global law firms for which real estate remains a key area of focus and of strategic importance.
Ashurst's real estate team is extremely well known and respected in the London market. We have recently been voted the Best Real Estate Law Firm Europe by the 2018 Property Funds World Global Awards which is a testament to our quality across the key European jurisdictions.
The real estate group operates as a single global team providing new and longstanding clients with advice from our network of international offices on all types of real estate driven transactions including large scale urban regeneration projects (including residential schemes, office buildings, shopping centres, hotels, business parks, leisure projects and industrial sites), direct and indirect investment, joint ventures and co-investment structures and real estate funds.
We act for clients in every part of the real estate sector: financiers, governments, investors (with a strong focus on inbound capital from overseas), pension funds, developers, contractors, operators and asset managers.
The team are recruiting for an associate with post admission experience of real estate work to focus on high-end multidisciplinary real estate work. "Strong on a variety of complex, high-end real estate work. Areas of expertise include urban regeneration projects as well as other development matters, and substantial investment and leasing transactions. Chambers 2017" "They have a good, cohesive team and they don't fight silly clauses. They take a practical view of what needs to be challenged and protected without wasting time over-analysing or debating issues that we can take the risk or compromise on." Chambers 2017"
Job overview:A junior to mid-level role for a real estate lawyer with post-qualification experience at a major law firm. You will work alongside partners and associates across the real estate sector to provide technically excellent, commercial advice to the team's diverse client base.
Essential skills and experience:
- You will already have acquired a strong grounding in real estate and will be able to contribute to professional development and know-how and participate in training where appropriate
- You will take day to day responsibility for more straightforward matters and actively progress complex matters. You will be able to demonstrate well-developed drafting skills
- You will be confident and effective in negotiations with counterparts
- You will be effective in communicating with clients in order to understand their needs and how best to meet them. You will also have the ability to assist clients in arriving at practical and cost effective solutions
- You will have excellent attention to detail, identifying inconsistencies that indicate problems with quality of work or a misunderstanding of clients' needs
- You will gather information from a variety of sources to identify your own strengths and weaknesses
- You will be ambitious and highly motivated and be willing to go the extra mile in your contribution to the wider real estate group
- You will be a team-player who can work effectively with colleagues at all levels
- You will have a commercial approach
- A major Singaporean investor on the acquisition of logistics portfolios.
- Korean investors on multiple acquisitions including 70 Mark Lane, Cannon Bridge House, 20 Old Bailey and 200 Aldersgate.
- TH Real Estate on the sale of One Kingdom Street, London, for £292 million.
- Greenland Group on the acquisition and development of the Ram Brewery site in Wandsworth, south-west London, from Minerva and on the acquisition and development of the Spire, Europe's tallest residential tower.
- Lendlease on the redevelopment of Euston station.
- DWS (formerly Deutsche Asset Management) on the acquisition of 2 and 3 Bankside.
- Oxford Properties on the investment acquisition and financing of a 50% stake in MidCity Place, King Edward Court (Paternoster Row, the site of the London Stock Exchange), and St Martin's Court at Paternoster Square, London. Also on the joint venture with Brockton Capital for the redevelopment of the former Royal Mail sorting office on the New Oxford Street Island site and on a joint venture acquisition with RLG Real Estate of 48-50 New Bond Street.
- Oxford Properties on the joint venture structuring for its c. £1 billion acquisition of the Sony Centre, Berlin.
- Oxford Properties on the joint venture structuring for a portfolio of three properties in Paris.
- Samsung SRA Asset Management on the investment acquisition (together with Cushman & Wakefield Investors) of 30 Crown Place, London EC2.
- Starwood Capital on a £95m development facility in respect of Baltimore Wharf Tower, a residential development situated in Docklands, London.
- The Berkeley Group on various large scale long term strategic landholding co-investments with landowners around the country to secure opportunities for future developments.
- Telereal Trillium on the sale of the Hyperion Portfolio to, a portfolio of 55 assets, to Legal and General (L&G) for £550 million.
- CDL Hospitality Trust on the acquisition of LR Cambridge, a UK company owning and operating the Cambridge City Hotel.
- BP on the sale and leaseback of the 33 acre BP International Centre for Business and Technology in Sunbury-upon-Thames.
- Westfield on their major retail led developments at White City, Stratford and Croydon.
- Stanhope on the major retail led, mixed use development at Elwick Road, Ashford.
- Transport for London on a number of overstation development projects including at Moorgate, Farringdon East and Farringdon West and Tottenham Court Road.
- Balfour Beatty and Places for People on the East Wick and Sweetwater development at the site of the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Norges Bank on the asset management of its London portfolio.
Closing Date Thursday 20th September 2018
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With 25 offices in 15 countries and a number of referral relationships we offer the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. Our 400 partners and further 1,000 lawyers work across 10 different time zones, responding to our clients wherever and whenever they need u
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1822
Broadwalk House, 5 Appold St, London EC2A 2HA, UK