- Glasgow, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 26 May, 2019
- Posted on 03 Apr, 2019
- Start date: 02 Jun, 2019
The Operations Division at Morgan Stanley is the front line of defence for the Firm's financial and operational well-being, and works closely with almost all departments in order to safeguard the Firm's reputation and franchise. Operations partners with Sales & Trading, Finance, Legal, and Technology to execute the Firm's institutional, retail, and asset management businesses - via supporting and settling daily transactions, devising and implementing effective controls, developing strong client relationships, and engaging with its business partners to enable development of new structures, businesses, and markets.
Placement and duration
The Operations Industrial Placement Program is aimed at students with a year in industry as a compulsory or optional element of their degree program. It runs annually, beginning in June, and is based in Glasgow. Industrial Placement students are placed in roles based on interview feedback, their interests and current business needs.
Industrial Placement students in Glasgow start their internship program with participation in a Firmwide Induction Day, covering an overview of Morgan Stanley’s businesses, structure, and strategy. This is followed by two days of classroom-based training covering product and industry knowledge, soft skills, and teambuilding activities. Throughout the program, in addition to on-the-job training, Industrial Placement students will also take part in networking events, training sessions hosted by different teams and work-shadowing.
Industrial Placement students in Frankfurt will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects.
- Trade Support & Reconciliation- Learn key processes in the life cycle of a trade, from deal capture to final settlement, to identifying and resolving breaks and discrepancies.
- Data Analysis & Reporting - Preparation, compilation, and analysis of regular metrics and dashboards to support business decision and strategy.
- Projects & Systems Testing -Take part in projects and initiatives, and use systems to efficiently mitigate risk, whilst developing relationships with Technology to design, develop, and implement solutions to business requirements.
- Team Collaboration - Work with team members of all levels to complete daily tasks, share market and systems knowledge, issue follow-ups and escalations, and create best practices.
- Client Relationship Development - Understand the priorities of stakeholders to ensure business needs are met, adhere to and protect client confidentiality, and ensure top quality client experience.
Discover thousands of entry to mid-level jobs on Advance.careers. All opportunities - one platform, curated for you by AI-powered career assistant.
About Morgan Stanley
- Investment banking & Fund Management
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1935