You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 01 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 15,000.0 per year
Our client is a private bank operating in over 30 locations worldwide with a focus on financial planning, offshore trusts, company formation and management.This is a 3 month internship paying £1,250 - £1,416 per month depending on education level, this internship has the potential to be extended beyond the initial 3 month period. How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the Long Only Equity Research Team, responsible for the management of Long Equity strategy. You will assist with the evaluation and selection of Long Only investment funds, engaging in the preparation of meetings and subsequent documents according to the research process in place along with some data analysis and administrative duties too. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate looking to gain experience working for a private bank or in hedge fund management.
Tasks you can expect to learn about include:
• Learning how to use financial industry systems such as Bloomberg and Morningstar Direct.
• Conducting research on different asset classes.
• Assisting with data gathering, assessment and presentation of reports.
• Helping to produce documents, briefing papers and presentations.
• Produce meeting packs for departmental update meetings.
• Attending meetings with external fund managers and provide input to report writing following these meetings.
• Supporting the team with work on internal systems (databases), helping to develop and improve efficiency for the team.
• Ad hoc research projects that can involve new fund idea generation, including quantitative screening and qualitative assessment.
• Researching projects to support both macro and micro views on funds, industries and different investment styles.
• Develop, improve and maintain Excel templates for research tools.
• Attending weekly team meetings.
• Follow and maintain procedures.
• Assisting with departmental projects and other duties as assigned. What are the ideal candidate’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to bachelor’s degree level.
• Qualifications or an interest in financial instruments, markets and investments are highly beneficial.
• Experience with Microsoft Office packages, in particular Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Keen to learn and take on new skills all the time.
• Ability to maintain complete confidentiality at all times.
• Strong organisational and time management skills to meet deadlines set.
• Ability to work with a number of different people and manage own workload.
• Proactive to resolve issues and identify opportunities.
• A “can do” attitude.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work flexibly and proactively.
• Ability to use VBA would be an advantage, but not required.What are the perks of working for this company?
• In this job you will work closely with your manager who will act as your mentor and coach. They will allocate work to you, supervise you and provide ongoing feedback on your performance.
• This is an excellent and rare opportunity for a graduate (or undergraduate) looking to develop experience working for a large private bank and receive hands on training and mentoring from highly experienced industry professionals.
• Working in fantastic offices based in Mayfair surrounded by successful banking professionals you will soon build a strong network of banking contacts.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Inspiring Interns
- Recruitment & HR
- in London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2009