- Watford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager, qualified to PRINCE 2 Practitioner standards to join our Estates team on a Temporary to Permanent contract to deliver on a number of exciting projects.
You will define, structure, manage and report on Estates Projects such as refurbishments. You will need to be able to manage multiple small /medium projects from inception to delivery. The role will require ‘hands on’ delivery of project-based deliverables in line with the scope of requirements, documents, purchasing tenders, as well as project budget plans, status reports and RAID logs.
Reporting to the Head of Estates, the role of the Estates Project Manager will be to:
- Scope and define projects as per customer specifications by producing relevant documentation which include estimates of cost, risk, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of the project.
- Work within agreed standards of best practice for projects and ensure all activities are carried out to quality, health and safety standards and processes.
- Prepare and maintain realistic project plans, ensuring deliverables are achieved by tracking activities against the plan and managing scope, costs, risks, timescales and resource.
- Attend and co-ordinate regular meetings and communication with the customer and stakeholders to discuss project delivery and identify improvements.
- Produce regular reports on the progress of the projects ensuring that stages / changes have authorisation from the customer and that any issues identified within the reports are dealt with within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure projects are properly controlled in terms of financial reporting and risk management.
- Lead and manage the project team(s) of internal and external resources to ensure project objectives and deliverables are achieved.
- Manage the smooth transition of projects from the project phase into business as usual operational support.
Skills and Experience
The candidate should have experience of:
- Delivering a range of project sizes including refurbishments specifically
- Managing internal and external resources
- CDM (Construction Design and Management)
- Health and Safety Standards
- Preparation and maintenance of contract documentation
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage
flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be
fulfilled in a different way.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BRE Group UK
BRE is a world leading building science centre that generates new knowledge through research. This is used to create products, tools and standards that drive positive change across the built environment. BRE helps its government and private sector clients meet the significant environmental, social and economic challenges they faces in d
- Property & Construction
- in Watford, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1921