- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 19 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 20 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
If you are curious about running a global business, fascinated by wealth management and ready to develop your career, we are looking for you. Spend the summer in our Wealth Management business working with experts, learning critical skills and building your professional network.
What you can expect
As part of our leading global client franchise in Asset & Wealth Management, Wealth Management is more than just money management. We build teams of professionals around clients to understand their unique needs and provide solutions to help them meet their financial goals. The first part of your 10-week program will begin in London for an orientation and training session introducing you to the firm, our products and how we do business. We will give you the technical and practical knowledge needed to make a contribution to our team from the beginning.
Wealth Management recruits interns that will be placed on either:
- An integrated team
Integrated team analysts work with our bankers, global investment specialists, capital advisors and trust and estate experts, to bring in new clients and to serve existing clients by devising customised financial strategies.
- A product solutions team
Analysts in product/solutions teams work with investment professionals on our market strategy, alternative investments, fixed income, equity, and due diligence groups. They conduct research and analysis; assist with product development and help respond to inquiries from clients and professionals within the Private Bank.
What you need to bring
Because these roles are about both analyzing complex financial situations and personally presenting solutions, you will need a unique blend of interpersonal, communication and analytical skills. You should be comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative analysis.
Other specific requirements include:
- Deadline oriented; ability to multi-task in high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Superior multitasking and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Plenty of initiative and the confidence to complete projects with limited supervision.
- Genuine interest in financial markets and macro-level economic trends.
- A collaborative style.
- Good judgement and discretion when working with confidential information.
- Ability to anticipate questions and seek the answers. Beyond these requirements, we are most interested in the things that make you unique: personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could make on the team.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- We recruit from all academic degree disciplines - you do not need a finance degree.
- We are looking for team-players and future leaders with drive, creativity and interpersonal skills. Strong academic credentials are important, but so are your achievements outside the classroom.
- You must have an expected degree minimum of a 2:1 or European equivalent (second year results should clearly demonstrate that this is a realistic indication).
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. As we are a truly global organisation, a second European language is essential for some roles and advantageous for others.
Additional application instructions
Early applications are recommended as screening will start immediately.
Over the last 200 years J.P. Morgan has evolved as a business to meet the complex financial needs of some of the world’s largest companies as well as many of the smaller businesses that drive industry change globally and locally. Their team of employees work hard to do the right thing for their clients, shareholders and the firm every day.
J.P Morgan’s strength lies not only in the quality of its products and services, but also within the talent of its employees. Harnessing the diversity of its people, J.P. Morgan values people with different talents, ranging from Investment Banking to Technology, Operations and Human Resources. J.P. Morgan is looking for future leaders who have passion, creativity and exceptional interpersonal skills. Impeccable academic credentials are important, but so are achievements outside the classroom. Working with a team committed to doing their best, earning the trust of their clients and encouraging employees to fulfil their potential – that’s what it means to be part of J.P. Morgan.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years. Our business has been built upon our core principle of putting our clien
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1799
25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP
Your personalised job suggestions
Graduate at RedTusk Recruitment