You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
EnvironmentPeople join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like “hard work” and “dedication” together with “community” and “respect” has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different
MissionDescription of the Business Line or Department
MARK/SLS brings together the Equities, Fixed Income & Currencies and Commodities Sales capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team. It addresses the needs of distributors, offering bespoke services to support the design, marketing and after-sale service of their products. It also serves institutional investors with their asset liability management, capital protection, hedging or the optimisation of their overall return. MARK/SLS capitalizes on an integrated engineering team to deliver cross asset expertise and better manage trading risk.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The candidate will be part of the COO Office. The COO Office is responsible for supporting business line Heads and facilitating business activity, acting as a point of contact for queries relating to support and control from the business group and controlling and supervising the activity of the group. The candidate will also be actively part of the on-going transversal projects impacting the different platforms in Europe.
The scope of the function covers the whole MARK/SLS London platform, with a focus on sales activities.
The position is based in SG Investment Banking Branch in London.
Summary of responsibilities
- Producing & Following up dashboards (HR, PnL, expenses,...) and following up all the IT issues of the staff
- Providing support and advisory to Sales teams, helping in their training and in enforcing sales guidelines
- Assisting in the implementation of the relevant controls on the Front Office side, ensuring proper reporting to MARK/SLS Senior Management and follow up on corrective plans. This permanent effort needs to be driven by a risk-based approach, whereby controls will need to focus in priority on the main areas of risk for our business. Overlaps with controls falling within the scope of responsibility of other department of the bank need to be avoided;
- Following up projects meant to address gaps in our organization, processes or systems, in relation with Sales and Trading Governance issues;
- Interacting closely with the various Support or Control functions concerned, in particular SAFE, so as to ensure proper alignment and fruitful cooperation with the business. Benchmarking with other business lines in MARK will be helpful;
- Preparing one-off presentations for the management;
The candidate should be able to be autonomous on some responsibilities
- Communication skills
- Adaptability in a rapidly moving environment
- Reliability and rigor/attention to details
- Capacity to prioritize and organize
- Analytical skills
- Teamwork & cooperation spirit
- Reactivity and anticipation
- Flexibility, ability to work under pressure
- Sociable / Interpersonal relationship, capable of challenging people, communicating with diverse teams by email, conf call, one-to-one meeting.
- Good knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Previous experience in finance field appreciated but not mandatory
In a Business School program, preferably at Master level
English – Fluent
French - Fluent
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Societe Generale
Societe Generale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its te...
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1864