You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you have a caring nature? Are you looking to make a difference to people's lives? Do you want to work in an environment where no 2 days are the same? Are you flexible with your working hours? Can you see yourself providing care to adults who need your support?
If you have answered a big YES to these questions we would love to hear from you.
Job descriptionAt Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England.
As a Support Worker, you will make a real difference to people's lives as you improve their daily living skills. Passionate about people, you will enjoy the scope and support to enhance your own life and career too, as you gain the experience and training you need to progress with us.
Where will I be working?You will be supporting 2 gentlemen in an independent hospital setting, who have learning disabilities and autism, complex needs and who are both detained under the Mental Health Act. Rohan is a purpose built 2 bed unit In Eastry, near Sandwich, Kent. The service adopts an approach based in Positive Behaviour Support and Person centred thinking, with emphasis placed on improving quality of life and moving towards community living.
What will I be doing?This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out, or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Personal care, manual handling & helping with medication
What skills and qualities do I need to have?Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate, caring and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- A great team player with lots of energy
- Able to demonstrate good communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
Shift PatternsThis is a 24 hour service, therefore flexibility is essential. You will be working a range of shifts from 7:00/8:00 am to 1:00/2:00pm and 1:00/2:00 pm to 9:00/10:00pm, sleep ins or waking nights, some weekends.
What benefits will I receive?Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
1) 'My Turning Point' bespoke Reward Discount Scheme sharing a range of online range of offers and discounts including shopping vouchers, discounts on gas and electric bills, gym scheme discounts, up to 55% off the cost of cinema tickets and much more!!
2) You may also benefit from our Childcare Voucher scheme, our bike to work scheme, season ticket loans and much more!
3) Receive a GBP 200 bonus for recommending a friend to work for us if they're employed
4) Inspired by Possibility Employee of the Year scheme - in recognition of your excellence
5) Life assurance scheme for all team members and enhanced contributory Pension scheme
6) Free access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) with a 24/7 helpline for advice - also available to family members.
7) Online Right Steps Health & Wellbeing Support package to all our team members. Information and evidence based support you can trust about low mood and anxiety, drugs and alcohol, healthy eating, stress at work and physical activity
8) Competitive rates of pay with annual Pay Reviews
9) Annual Holiday allowance - Buy and sell annual leave options to suit your lifestyle
10) Flexible working patterns to support work/home life balance
11) Excellent training opportunities leading to career development - ongoing access to a huge range of training and support to help you develop. We provide a thorough induction and training program when you join us. In addition to regular 1-2-1's and annual appraisals, we'll help you develop and progress your career.
Why Turning Point?We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
GBP 20,053 for 45 hours per week
GBP 16,500 for 37 hours per week
Job Type:PermanentPay Scheme:OtherStaff Group:Allied Health Professionals
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948
105 Victoria St, Westminster, London SW1E 6AD