Oops, too late. Do not miss the hot jobs below
- Milton Keynes, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The Product Development Specialist under the direction of the Product Development & IT Manager supports the continual improvement, development and advancement of the retail performance products and services offered to clients through the analysis and development of internally and external tools and solutions.
The role will coordinate and oversee development projects through part or all of the development lifecycle, working with internal and external suppliers. The Product Development Specialist will work closely with internal teams to deliver and develop solutions for clients, with the aim of increasing capacity, growing functionality and continuous improvement. When required the Product Development Specialist will deputise for the Product Development & IT Manager.
What you’ll be doing....
- Act as the business analyst and/or product manager for assigned solution developments.
- Collecting customer feedback and using to influence future decisions and development activities, including inputting into the roadmap.
- Creates commercially sound business justifications for proposed development spend
- Creates product briefs, manuals, documentation and defines processes that support development activities enabling BAU to take over within the pre-agreed timescales.
- Implementation of the latest product best practices and technologies to support consistently deliverable offerings, including integrating third party applications, services and solutions.
- Maintain the NPD ticket and project system to track incoming request and provide feedback on assigned requests
- Provide support to clients, either directly or indirectly for new solution, and be a final escalation point for existing solutions where queries cannot be answered through existing documentation.
- Scopes product change requests (PCRs) to assess the impact and provide an accurate estimate of costs and delivery timescales.
- User Acceptance Testing – Completes system testing (black and white box) of new reporting system development and enhancements, ensuring systems are fit for purpose and aligned to project requirements.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience: -
- An energetic and focused approach with a proven ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, constantly evolving, dynamic business environment
- Analytical by nature, comfortable working with data
- Appreciation of agile development methodologies
- Previous experience working in the retail industry
- Working with remote teams / colleagues
Ipsos Retail Performance is an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that everybody is different and strive to harness those differences to create an inclusive environment where individuals feel valued, their talents are recognised and they are given every opportunity to develop their full potential. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
We are committed to equality, treating people fairly, promoting a positive and inclusive working environment and ensuring we have diversity of people and views. We recognise that this is important for our business success - a more diverse workforce will enable us to better reflect and understand the world we research and ultimately deliver better research and insight to our clients. We understand the importance of commitments you may have outside of work and we consider all flexible working applications - please highlight what you are looking for when you make your application. If this is what you are looking for from your next role, we look forward to hearing fromyou!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Ipsos MORI
Ipsos MORI, part of the Ipsos Group, is a leading research company with global reach.
We are passionately curious about people, brands and society. We work with integrity and to the highest standards - people trust our insight. Our drive to create and integrate knowledge that inspires our clients to make better decisions that have impact.
- Science & Research
- in Milton Keynes, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1969