- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 11 Dec, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The S&P Global Platts’ 2019 Commodity Associate Programme is a seven month rotational programme commencing in March & September 2019. The programme offers successful candidates the opportunity to learn about all aspects of Oil, Power, Natural Gas, LNG, Coal, Petrochemicals, Metals, Agriculture and Shipping markets. During the Commodity Associate Programme, successful candidates will be trained to work in the price reporting function, and will generate price assessments and content. This includes market commentary and news pieces which powers our pricing benchmarks and analytics. And our summer internship program is a 10 week internship program taking place over July/August 2019 with the opportunity to be converted to join the 2020 graduate program.
Successful candidates will be involved in gathering data and market intelligence and conducting analysis on the assessment and reporting process. The programme will also expose successful candidates to a number of market subjects including supply and demand, infrastructure issues, geo-political issues, transportation and regulation, and how these subjects impact respective markets. You will receive four weeks of comprehensive training followed by two three month rotations in a different commodity sector – preparing you to move into a permanent price reporting role in one of our commodity teams. Additionally, there may be future opportunities for international relocation and assignments.
• Identify drivers moving the daily markets
• Learn and demonstrate successful interviewing techniques and how to obtain data for commentary
• Write concise, informative commentary
• Verify source information through appropriate channels
• Learn and demonstrate understanding of Platts Market on Close assessment process
• Complete all assigned news training modules and foundational training to learn about the commodity market.
What we’re looking for:
• Minimum of a 2.1 undergraduate degree; Master’s degree will also be considered.
• All degrees welcome: concentration in Journalism, Communications, Business, Marketing, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, or energy related disciplines preferred
• Strong communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing style)
• Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Understand importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members
• Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail & organizational abilities to work efficiently with clients
• Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly
• Some knowledge of social media and web technologies (e.g. HTML)
• Significant comfort level with suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Excel)
Click the apply now button below.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
• S&P Global Ratings, which provides
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in