- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 06 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Don’t limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.
Here at Vodafone, we do amazing things to empower everybody to be confidently connected. We provide the largest span of 4G out there - we even put it on the moon! We help with the everyday from making farmers lives easier with mobile money payments or streaming music into a car through the internet of things. As you can imagine, this means that we have a pretty vibrant and diverse mix of skills and people, that makes us a great place to work.
Did you know, we have been recognised in The Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for and The Times Top 50 Employers for Women in 2018? We’ve also been recognised by the Financial Times as having Ethnic Minority role models in 2018.
We are looking for innovation leaders, those who embrace new technologies and are continuously learning, someone who is curious to the world of opportunity on offer. Vodafone is a place where you can bring your whole self to work as you kick start your career.
What’s in it for you
Working for an industry leading company that spans across different countries around the world, you’ll have business exposure and accountability from day one. Through a series of rotations in your chosen area of specialism, we’ll support you to fulfil your potential and career goals. And, you’ll love being part of our global community of graduates.
What we’re looking for
Our Discover graduates have a passion for technology and for taking care of our customers. Each bring a natural analytical ability which is applied to everything they do. They bring diversity of thought to an ever changing landscape and seek to be the very best version of themselves every day. Seeking new possibilities and making a mark is in their DNA.
If you think this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, you must have recently graduated (within one year) and have a good academic performance. Proficiency in English is a must.
The future is exciting. Ready?
Ready to find out about our programmes? Read on.
We help to shape the future of the organisation and build its reputation, while using technology and connectivity to improve people’s lives. External Affairs contains five critical elements that ensure the success of our business. You could find yourself working in any of the following:
- Policy Development: Helping to influence policy and the regulatory landscape, and ensure we meet all regulatory requirements. You could be defining our policy positions, writing briefs for meetings with world political leaders or shaping our policy and regulatory strategy on market regulation, 5G, Big Data, Digital Platforms, AI and the Internet of Things
- Government and Policy Engagement: Building relationships with governments and policy makers through stakeholder mapping and engagement activities to shape our views and influence government. You could be meeting MEPs at the European Commission and ensuring our customers’ needs are represented, or monitoring turbulent political situations globally
- External Communications: Protecting Vodafone’s external reputation in the marketplace, sharing the great things we do with the customers and communities we work in. You could be creating multimedia content in our social media newsroom or sharing key messages with journalists from around the world
- Corporate Security: Protecting our revenues, customers, employees and reputation through strategic security leadership, effective operations and trusted external relationships. You could be investigating a global fraud incident or creating our policy on cyber crime
- Foundation and Sustainability: Our commitment to manage our operations responsibly and conduct our business in an ethical and transparent way, and investing in the communities in which Vodafone operates, funding projects using our technology that have transformational social or economic benefits. You could be working on our award winning gender pay gap report or delivering events for our charitable Foundation
What’s in it for you
- Working for a world leader in total communications that connects people places and things, improves lives through social inclusion and is striving to halve our environmental impact
- Learning from industry experts and having real accountability from day one
- Focused professional development to enable you to take your career forwards
- Being part of a global community of graduates
What to expect
- 2 x 6-month rotations and 1 x one-year placement across the areas mentioned above
- Cutting-edge training on-the-job and in the virtual classroom
- Constant feedback and opportunities to push your boundaries
- Flexible working and fast paced environment
What we’re looking for
- International mind-set and interest in global business
- Demonstrate creativity and adaptability
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and hunger for development
- Customer focused and commercial savviness
- Curiosity and passion for technology, how things work and the future of digital
- Strong academic performance
- Recently graduated (bachelor’s or master’s) within one year
- Proficient in English
Duration of Programme: 2 years
Requirement: 2.1 (or equivalent) in chosen degree (achieved or predicted).
Degrees in politics, communication, law, business or related programmes preferred
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Your personalised job suggestions
Entry-level at RB (Reckitt Benckiser)