- Weymouth, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 22 Feb, 2019
- Posted on 16 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 18,000.0 per year
Solutions Engineering PlacementWorking at ASM is a unique experience! We have a strong emphasis on internal progression and we only recruit exceptional individuals. In fact, many Senior Managers started their careers with us in more junior roles. We appreciate that you will not come into the role a seasoned professional; so we will provide all the training that you need to become a competent & integral part of the team. If you’re expecting a placement of filing, faxing and fetching coffee, then you’re in for a shock! We will make it our mission to make sure your 13-month placement is as enjoyable as possible and educational. We are now approaching our 4th intake of placement students, with our 2019 intake set to be our biggest yet. We will be recruiting 18 placement students, across several key departments, such as: Automation Engineering, Intellectual Property, Software Engineering, Test Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Solutions Engineering, Media, Tooling Engineering and Electrical Engineering. Furthermore, we are proud to say that we have two new placements for 2019 in Business Analytics and a Manufacturing Systems due to the success of our current placements. To add to our growing success, our placement opportunities for the second-year running have ranked 19 in the RateMyPlacement top 50 placement opportunities in the UK! Not only do we offer a best in class placement opportunities; we offer a higher that industry average base salary of £18K. In addition to a generous salary and superb training and development opportunities, we will give you a £1K starter bonus when you join us. If this sounds like the placement opportunity for you, we want to hear from you.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- Work across our three Engineering disciplines; Mechanical, Electrical and Control Systems.
- In conjunction with the Team leaders and Process Engineer, develop and implement process improvement changes as necessary within production.
- To learn how prototype and production equipment is developed using CAD systems and to learn how to undertake initial testing/simulations to check correct functionality and operation of designed circuits.
- To learn how to build initial design/prototype, with or without outside assistance, and subsequently test in accordance with department standards.
- Produce and complete appropriate documentation related to the electrical design process e.g. circuit diagrams, loom drawings.
- You will be ideally studying for a degree in ideally Mechatronics, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- Prior experience and/or knowledge across Mechanical, Electrical and Control Systems Engineering.
- You will be able to communicate effectively both face to face and in writing with people at all levels in an organisation.
- Ability to build stable and useful working relationships; able to co-ordinate effectively with others.
- You will be able to apply a logical and systematic approach when solving relatively complex problems.
- Always approachable and responsive to new ideas.
How to applyIf you are interested, we want to hear from you. Please apply by sending your current CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please ensure that you refer to the unique vacancy number (ATR-012) when submitting your application.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About ASM Assembly Systems
Join us on the move to the Smart #1 SMT Factory!
Manufacturing products more intelligently, more flexibly and with fewer resources – these are the central concepts of Industry 4.0. All of this is made possible by a multitude of new technologies, from mobile networking to the Internet of Things to expert systems and real-time
- Technology & IT, Telecommunications, Engineering & industrial
- Weymouth, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948
Dek Printing Machines Ltd, 11 Albany Rd, Weymouth, UK