You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Musselburgh, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 11 Oct, 2018
- Start date: 07 Jan, 2019
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 21,000.0 per year
Launched in 2016, Edinburgh Whisky Academy is a pioneer of progressive whisky education and knowledge-building. It offers the only dedicated independent whisky education programme and is accredited by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA). We are currently looking for a talented graduate to join us for a 12 month placement, where you will work on a wide ranging marketing project (largely digital). This is a rare opportunity to join a growing company at a key phase in our development.
This is a major project for the Academy and will see us delivering major improvements to our current marketing activities as well as expanding our workforce and thus, realising potential growth much sooner than would otherwise be the case. This growth, will allow us to free up the time of the two founders, to explore further growth opportunities and spend their time productively in promoting the Academy to the target markets.
This placement aims to provide business improvements in the following areas:
- Improved social media activity
- Improved marketing activity
- International marketing plan implementation
- Conduct market research into new markets
- Increase sales conversion
All of the above is in line with international marketing strategy and should result in higher turnover.
You will become a key member of a small but highly effective team and will be tasked with delivering a number of project tasks during your placement. The project will see you working closely with both the founders and you will report directly to them.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver new digital/online marketing campaigns for each of our courses
- Conduct analysis of candidate recruitment routes in key growth International markets
- Create, implement and track digital marketing campaigns including social media and newsletter communications
- Design and develop course marketing information
- Assist with the international launch of further online modules, due to be released in early 2019
- Lead on the creation of a marketing plan for the launch of a new Diploma in March 2019
- Establish new processes for generating new sales leads
- HNC, HND or Degree qualified in relevant discipline. You will also be assessed on your individual merit and personal characteristics in line with the criteria set out below.
Skills / Experience
- Good knowledge of marketing in the digital age
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong IT skills particularly across MS Office and the ability to learn other user packages (eg LMS package, SQA system etc)
- A team player who is keen to take responsibility for own projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Appreciation of the needs and flexibility required in a small, growing business – a can do attitude
- Foreign languages not essential but looked upon favourably
- An interest in the Whisky industry
You will benefit from being part of a growing organisation in an exciting industry. This role offers the chance of meaningful responsibility and interaction with client. In addition, you will learn about the whisky industry and build valuable connections both in the spirits and hospitality industries, ideal for someone considering a career in either of these markets.
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network.
Location: Musselburgh, East Lothian
Planned interview date: TBC
This placement may result in a permanent employment afterwards
Preferred start date: 7th January 2019
Edinburgh Whisky Academy is a true thorough-bred in terms of whisky provenance. A family business with whisky roots dating back to the 19th century, we combine excellent experience and knowledge of today’s ever-evolving whisky landscape.
The family’s commitment to pioneering through the generations is unquestionable, from the dawn of whisky blending and distillation and the supply of Mackinlays Scotch to the legendary Shackleton expedition in the early 1900s to the development of industry-leading wood knowledge.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
ScotGrad offers paid, project-based student placements and graduate fixed term contracts in dynamic small and medium sized organisations across Scotland.
Operated by Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, and the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services, we support Scottish businesses and social enterprises to f
- Recruitment & HR
- Glasgow, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2010