You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Lincoln, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Our graduate development programme has been designed to specifically support new Graduates during the early stages of their career. Not only will the programme equip graduates with a greater understanding of the global business operations, but will also provide the personal development training essential within a business environment. The programme will provide exposure to key business leaders, allow you to meet recent graduate entrants and provide you with a network of individuals from whom you can seek advice.
You will normally be assigned to work with one of the refinery discipline teams, i.e., electrical, controls or instruments. Please indicate in your cover letter in which of these discipline teams you would prefer to work with an explanation as to why that is your preference.
Start date will be Monday 2nd September, 2019.
The Graduate Electrical, Controls & Instrument Engineer may be responsible for:
- Providing technical support to refinery operations and maintenance.
- Performing design work on minor or intermediate size projects.
- Monitoring and evaluating equipment performance.
- Troubleshooting equipment problems.
- Generating ideas and seeking out opportunities for efficiency and reliability improvements.
- Developing cost estimates, specifying required equipment.
- Reviewing designs to ensure adequacy and code compliance and agreement with company standards.
- Planning for maintenance shutdowns.
- The legal right to live and work in the UK on a permanent basis without restrictions.
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Proficient knowledge and experience of MS applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective team player.
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities.
- Previous work experience in a related discipline.
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
The Humber Refinery located in North East Lincolnshire, is one of the most complex refineries within the Phillips 66 portfolio and one of the most sophisticated in Europe, with a crude oil processing capacity of 221,000 barrels per day it refines the most economically advantaged crude oils to help shape today's energy landscape. The only coking refinery in the UK and the world's largest producer of speciality graphite cokes and the largest anode coke producer in Europe.
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all pre-screening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Phillips 66
Are you ready for an adventure of a lifetime? Where possibilities are endless and you’re immersed in a culture of innovation and exciting opportunities? Where you can add immediate value by using the knowledge and skills you have gained in your degree to take on the challenges of a global company providing energy and improving lives. Whether
- Engineering & industrial, Oil & energy
- Tredegar, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 2012