You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 31 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 20,000.0 per year
ITP Promedia is looking for a talented and passionate journalist to join the editorial team at its Central London office, where it publishes a number of leading trade titles and websites for the catering, hospitality, healthcare, jewellery, watch and retail industries. This includes Boutique Hotelier, Care Home Professional, Catering Insight, Foodservice Equipment Journal, Professional Jeweller and WatchPro.
This is a perfect opportunity for a hard-working, dynamic editorial assistant or junior journalist looking to take their first step on the media and journalism ladder.
The role will include supporting the editorial director and writing news and features for print and online, as well as attending industry events and acting as an ambassador for the brand. This busy role will suit somebody that is willing to get stuck in, has a hunger for breaking original news and wants to experience a busy business news desk.
As well as the monthly print and daily news websites that Promedia produces, each title in the group runs its own events and special reports throughout the year. As editorial assistant you will also get the chance to be involved in these initiatives and drive them forward.
Promedia has grown dramatically in the past few years, and its titles are now the clear market-leaders in their sectors. As a digital publisher first and foremost, its websites and daily e-newsletters are the go-to source for industry information. The editorial assistant will join at a time when we are developing several new special projects and looking to launch more titles, and will be a vital contributor to this continuing success.
The ideal candidate for this position will need to demonstrate first-class writing skills and have bundles of confidence, energy and creative ideas. In return they will get to cut their teeth in business journalism, gain firsthand experience of all editorial, online and print duties, and learn from skilled editors. Additionally, there will be opportunities for career growth as Promedia launches into new markets and expands its portfolio.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the editorial director and magazine editors.
- Reporting effectively and intelligently across print and online.
- Building professional relationships with key industry executives.
- Working closely with the commercial team to drive revenue growth across the different titles and the brand’s associated events.
- Representing the brand at exhibitions and industry events.
We require the following qualities from the assistant editor:
- A passion for journalism and a thirst for learning about new industries and people.
- Strong writing and subbing skills.
- Strong computer literacy across desktop packages and content management systems.
- Additional skills including Adobe Indesign and photography are highly prized.
- A willingness to do whatever it takes to thrive in a fast-growing publishing environment.
ITP Promedia is a subsidiary of ITP Publishing Group, the largest magazine and digital publisher in the Middle East & India.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV with ‘Editorial Assistant – London Office’ in the subject field.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Media, Publishing & Events
- Bedford, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1987