- Staines, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 25 Nov, 2018
- Start date: 22 Jul, 2019
- Visa Sponsor
Intern - Applications Transformation Partners - Business Partner Development - 12 month placement England, United KingdomStart:22 July 2019 Location: Flow1&2, River Park Avenue, Staines upon Thames, TW18 3FA
Business Summary:VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about enabling Enterprises of all size be successful, creative and competitive. By demonstrating technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community.
Job Role and Responsibilities:VMware invests for the future in VMware’s Sales Organization through the internship program and as such VMware expects to offer you:
- Mentoring, coaching and sponsorship for career development.
- Effective communications training to ensure good customer interactions.
- Customer and partner facing activities and tasks, providing real-world experience.
- Commercial and technical presentation training.
- Hands-on training in leading edge VMware technology, highly passionate in the IT industry.
- Be a key member and contributor to the EMEA Pivotal and VMware Alliance team
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of our products and services, industry trends, and competition
- Help define and execute efficient sales activities which drive incremental VMware and Pivotal solution adoption among the existing VMware partners and customers base, working closely with Global and EMEA Sales and Marketing teams.
- Create, maintain current and accurate account and contact information within our internal Pivotal and VMware partners databases
- Actively promote VMware’s suite of solutions, products and services using existing assets and customizing for our joint partnership with Pivotal (placing focus upon PKS and Network virtualization solutions)
- Work closely with our Channel Ecosystem, demonstrate the scalability of partners and help develop Service Deal registrations across EMEA
- Provide input into Pivotal and VMware sales campaigns and initiatives per territory, as cooperated with EMEA Director and respective Geos and support their implementation, drive success.
- Use when applicable, VMware as well as our Partners’ inside and field sales teams to maximize sales activity success and business.
- You are fluent in English and ideally a second European language
- You have a good understanding of IT Software and Cloud environment
- You are an autonomous individual, eager to learn and curious
- You have business insight and are inspired by success
- You are an excellent teammate with the ability to work within our high-energy sales team environment and have a desire to work in collaboration within the team for broader success.
- You have a positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing and presentation skills and hold the highest level of integrity
- You hold the ability to handle multiple tasks at once, and operate successfully in a rapidly changing environment
- You are proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
- Strong analytical, sales and marketing skills
- You hold a bachelor’s degree in any relevant field of study
- Would have the ability to start in July 2019 (optional)
- Additional European languages are a distinct advantage
- Experience with sales and marketing
- Good understanding and interest in IT software and cloud technologies
- Business insight
Equal Opportunity Statement:VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware inspires applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
England, United Kingdom
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the ntire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-d...
- Technology & IT
- in Staines, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1998