You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Cambridge, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 05 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Linguamatics is looking for a graduate full-stack developer to build new customer-facing text analytics solutions for the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets. This is a new position, which involves a range of front-end and server-side skills to produce well-engineered, responsive, easy-to-use applications.
The successful applicant will be a major contributor to the design, development and deployment of new products based around the core Linguamatics I2E platform and its Web Services API. As part of the Operations team, you’ll also be working closely with development and business teams to create market-driven applications of the I2E software. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable skills and experience from working with a team of talented developers on next generation search and text analytics solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with multiple teams and cross-platform to create new customer-facing solutions for the life science and healthcare sectors on top of Linguamatics’ core products
- Design and coding of responsive, web-based interactive applications and interfaces in a rapid, iterative customer-centric development environment
- Integration of Linguamatics products with third party technologies to deliver enhanced value
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Some experience of server-side development using Node.js and Express; experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB would also be beneficial
- Familiarity with RESTful web service APIs
- Some understanding of cross-browser compatibility and developing for mobile devices
- Knowledge of fundamental software engineering principles, e.g. OO design, design patterns
- A startup mentality to get things up and running quickly
- Self-motivated, with the desire to work in cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree from a top university or equivalent qualification in computer science, mathematics or a related discipline.
Linguamatics (www.linguamatics.com) is a young, rapidly growing company with disruptive technology and great people, recently identified as one of “30 to watch” in the information industry. We develop innovative software based on Natural Language Processing. Our I2E text mining platform enables rapid discovery of new intelligence from text and is deployed in areas such as bioinformatics, healthcare and business intelligence, and we are leaders in text mining for the pharmaceutical industry.
Before applying for this position, please read our privacy notice for job applicants which explains how we process your personal data when you apply for a job and how we comply with our legal obligations to you under GDPR: www.linguamatics.com/privacy-notice
Please note that successful applicants will be required to have a disclosure check.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Linguamatics is the world leader in deploying innovative natural language processing (NLP)-based text mining for high-value knowledge discovery, information extraction and decision support. Linguamatics I2E is used by leading hospitals, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), premier academic institutions and 18 of the top 20 globa
- Technology & IT
- in Cambridge, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2001