You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Warrington, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Is it fair that if a boy has a father with a criminal conviction, there’s a 70% chance he’ll end up with one too? And if it’s a mother and daughter, the chances are higher. Young people’s confidence in the police has increased by 17% in the communities where Police Now neighbourhood police officers operate. We’re breaking the cycle. We’re changing the story. Join us.
Police Now recruits and trains outstanding graduates, so they can help transform society as neighbourhood police officers. The challenge is unique. The environment is fast-paced. To break the intergenerational cycle of crime in the most challenged areas by creating safe, confident communities in which people can thrive, apply for Police Now’s two-year National Graduate Leadership Programme.
You don’t need any previous policing knowledge or experience and we are looking for you to become a leader in society and on the policing frontline, representing the diversity of the communities you serve.
You will need to be available for a one-day Spring Induction in April and to begin the six-week Summer Academy in July 2019, as well as having your degree result confirmed in time for the start date.
You will be allocated a Leadership Development Officer from Police Now HQ to help support you throughout the two years and you will have regular opportunities to present the impact you have made in your community to policing colleagues and corporate partners. You’ll learn negotiation, problem-solving, decision-making, emotional intelligence, resilience and leadership – all invaluable skills in targeting criminals and increasing public confidence and all transferable to any progression.
You can find more information about the programme on our website, ask a question on our career inspiration platform or be supported by a digital mentor through the process.
We are delighted that you are considering applying, and are engaged with our mission to transform communities, reduce crime and increase the public’s confidence in policing.
Applications are open for the following police forces:
- Avon and Somerset Constabulary
- Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- Derbyshire Constabulary
- Essex Police
- Greater Manchester Police
- Hertfordshire Constabulary
- Kent Police
- Merseyside Police
- Metropolitan Police Service
- Northumbria Police
- South Wales Police
- Staffordshire Police
- Surrey Police
- Sussex Police
- Thames Valley Police
- Warwickshire and West Mercia Police
- West Midlands Police
What we are looking for
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Advice and tips to help you with your application:
- You will now be asked to complete an online application form. You can pause, save and return to your application at any point and it does not have to be completed in one sitting.
- We receive a high number of applications with particular interest in certain forces so we advise you to complete your application as soon as you feel ready. Each force will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis which may be before the given closing date.
- When completing this application form, you will need to have your passport, driving licence (if applicable), national insurance number and degree certificate or transcript (if you are yet to graduate) to hand.
- You will also need to be able to take pictures of any tattoos you may have.
- We would ask for you to ensure that following your initial application you have appropriate availability, access to a computer or mobile device, internet connection and check your email account and telephone on a frequent basis.
- Please ensure that your email address and contact telephone number are valid throughout the recruitment process. Email will be the primary method of communication, so it is advised not to use a university email address that could be deactivated.
- This online application form is for new police officer applications via Police Now only and should not be used by those wanting to transfer between police forces or return to policing.
- At various stages during the recruitment and selection process we will look for evidence of the following values and behaviours: We are emotionally aware; We take ownership; We collaborate; We deliver, support and inspire; We analyse critically; We are innovative and open-minded; transparency; impartiality; integrity and public service.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 01/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 01/03/2019Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Police Now
Police Now's mission is to transform communities, reduce crime and increase the public's confidence in policing, by recruiting and developing outstanding and diverse individuals to be leaders in society and on the policing frontline.
Police Now's Graduate Leadership Development Programme is the innovative programme that is putting excep
- Charity & Non-profit
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2015