- Kingston upon Thames, UK
- Apply by 06 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 29,838.0 per year
VSO is the world's leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world's poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We're not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Digital Content Designer to join our team. As our in-house digital content expert, you'll work with people from across the organisation and play a key role in developing content that'll engage and inspire our audiences across VSO's online channels.
Skills, qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate will be someone with experience of writing about complex subjects in a clear way. They'll need an eye for detail and good knowledge of best practice in digital content creation. We're committed to consistent improvement, so they'll also need to be able to report on the performance of our content and make recommendations of how we can improve what we do in order to optimise our user journeys.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
* Ability to be open minded and respectful
* Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
* Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
* Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
In return we offer;
* Social inclusion and diversity are at the heart of our work
* Your impact / contribution to VSO's mission will be visible
* Friendly and supportive office environment
* Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
* Pension benefit with Scottish Widows
* Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme
* Personal accident insurance
* Professional development opportunities, including a range of online self-study modules, coaching, workshops
* Opportunity for flexible working and working from home
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you're interested in applying for this role, please for more information.
To submit your application, click on 'Make an application' and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Health & Social Care
- in Kingston upon Thames, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1958
100 London Rd, Kingston upon Thames KT2 6QJ, UK