- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 31 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 16 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Global Corporate and Investment Banking (GCIB) provides advice and services to large corporations, governments and institutions around the world. GCIB provides the firm’s clients with a broad range of services and products, including mergers and acquisitions and strategic advice, lending, access to debt and equity capital markets, treasury services and tailored risk management solutions.
Global Corporate and Investment Banking is split into four areas:
- Corporate Banking
- Debt Capital Markets
- Equity Capital Markets
- Investment Banking
Strategic Equity Solutions Group
The Strategic Equity Solutions Group (SESG) is part of Equity Capital Markets and focuses on structured equity transactions in private and public markets.
SESG professionals help clients manage their exposure to concentrated listed equity stakes. They originate, structure and execute transactions across the equity lifecycle, including Equity-linked transactions (convertible and exchangeable bonds):
- Yield enhancement
- Stake disposal/monetisation
SESG works closely with Cash ECM, Investment Banking (client coverage) and Global Markets (trading and market/credit risk). As an Off-cycle Analyst in SESG, you will benefit from exposure to the various parts of GCIB. Therefore, candidates who have a natural interest in both markets and corporate finance will find it a particularly rewarding environment.
As an Off-Cycle Analyst within SESG, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Assist SESG professionals with deal origination and execution across a diverse range of product areas (e.g. stake building, risk-management, financing, monetisation)
- Design highly tailored presentations for clients
- Price and structure equity derivative strategies together with traders
- Work on live transactions and interact with professionals from across the bank as you build your network and experience
- Work closely with Investment Banking teams on client coverage and origination
- Work with traders in Global Markets to coordinate and manage live deal executions
- Throughout the internship, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop a strong understanding of market fundamentals and derivative tools in order to be able to make market-informed contributions on a broad array of strategies that address clients’ specific needs.
- Candidates are required to be a recent graduate or in their penultimate or final year of study pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university.
- Applications are accepted from a diverse range of STEM degree disciplines.
- Fluency in English is essential for all roles. For some roles fluency in Russian, Arabic or Mandarin is essential to support the Global Banking and Markets business area and the activities of the division and managing international client relationships.
- For some roles within Emerging Markets (including sub-Sahara Africa, Russia and China), a knowledge of those regions is required so that support in the marketing of products, advising and coordinating the marketing effort to existing and potential investor base in the emerging markets region can be provided.
- Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent).
- You'll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets.
- Team-work, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people.
- Displays analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Influences decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
Our Commitment to Conduct and Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
Analyst Internship and Full time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once applications open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so its best to submit your application early.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the Global Banking and Markets busi
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1914
2 King Edward St, London, UK
Your personalised job suggestions
Internship at Bank of America Merrill Lynch