- Malmesbury, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 29,000.0 per year
Join us as a graduate and you’ll be supporting the evolution of Dyson connected products. Since we launched our first connected product in 2014, our new technology is advancing at speed. Network-based robotics and intelligent sensing technologies, all enabled by advanced software and app platforms, are all cementing Dyson's place as a pioneering global technology enterprise.
Whatever your specialism you’ll be playing a key role in making our machines smart and reliable. As a Graduate Software Engineer you could be working across a number of our teams and depending on your area of expertise your accountabilities may include:
- Software design, implementation, testing and integration in the embedded, app and server domains
- Data preparation, data cleaning, data analysis, and modelling of complex consumer products.
- Algorithm selection, optimisation, and calibration.
- Developing systems requirements, architectures, and behaviours with key stakeholders.
- Developing technical solutions for new & existing product streams for large volume manufacture.
- Creating & managing requirements / specifications.
- Verifying & validating solutions against requirements.
- Pro-actively adopting good quality engineering practices within the Dyson framework.
Our software and hardware need to combine to make our machines intelligent, so you’ll be interacting with teams from product developers to electronics engineers to ensure our solutions are functional, secure and easy to use.
In addition, you’ll be supported with a development framework designed to provide the technical and commercial know-how to help you drive your Dyson career.
The work will be challenging and varied but you’ll be getting stuck in from day one, helping to influence the future of Dyson technology.
Working at the forefront of technology is tough so standards and expectations are high. And it’s not just about technical expertise. You’ll need to have:
- 2:1 or above in a computer science or software engineering (or related) degree
- Demonstrable application of your skills, for example via online portfolio
- Passion for Dyson and our Technology to help us meet our ambitious future plans
- Creative approach to problem solving to ensure our machines are better
- Tenacity to thrive in Dyson’s fast-paced environment
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Performance related bonus
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Who we are
We’re Dyson, a global technology enterprise. Since 1993 we’ve been finding new ways to solve real-world problems – from vacuum cleaners with revolutionary cyclone technology, to a hairdryer with intelligent heat control. Our global headquarters, home to our first RDD centre, is located in the Cotswolds where the Dyson stor
- Engineering & industrial, Science & Research
- in Malmesbury, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1993
1, Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury SN16 0RP, UK