- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 27 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 28 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We’re looking for analytical and entrepreneurial graduates to join our 2019 Risk & Compliance Graduate Programme.
Upholding high standards of conduct and protecting our clients’ interests are fundamental to our business. Good governance and risk management are essential, especially when we place great value on our reputation in a world of heightened regulatory and political change. Our two-year programme will offer you the chance to gain a breadth of experience across our Risk & Compliance departments.
As part of the Graduate Programme, you’ll be given training to help you perform to the best of your abilities. There are two 12 month rotations – one in Risk and one in Compliance.
Since the financial crisis, businesses have increasingly looked to protect themselves from adversity. Managing risk can range from liquidity management of short term money markets to corporate governance. We help reduce potential financial, regulatory and reputational impacts by creating frameworks, developing policies and working with the wider business to review and challenge risks. Some day to day tasks may include:
• Preparation of risk management reporting for senior committees and forums;
• Review of business areas’ risk information, including risk events and Risk and Control Assessments; and
• Supporting risk projects and systems.
Our role is to help manage Schroders’ relationship with regulators (e.g. the FCA & PRA), advise colleagues on regulatory requirements and monitor our compliance with regulations. It’s a globalfunction that helps oversee policy and practice to help manage Schroders regulatory and reputational risks. Some day to day task may include:
• Analysing and communicating the impact of new regulation on Schroders
• Helping to monitor that our businesses are operating in a compliant way either by looking at themes or by specific processes (such as trade surveillance)
• Supporting projects inside and outside of the department
What you’ll be like
• Innovative and analytical – you’re able to think outside the box and bring a fresh perspective
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Willing to get involved in variety of tasks and projects
• Passionate about financial markets and understanding global trends and changing regulations
• You have a genuine interest in building a long term career in Risk & Compliance
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we’re looking for
• A 2:1 honours degree or equivalent – we’re not fussed when it comes to your degree subject
• 128 UCAS Points at A-Level or equivalent (320 UCAS Points using the old Tariff Calculator)
- Online application form and CV
- Online assessments
- Online video interview
- Assessment centre – currently scheduled in for week commencing 21st January
- Final round interview with a senior member of the business
Candidates should be available to start the graduate programme on Thursday 19th September 2019.
Closing date for applications will be late December, but we recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Schroders are a world-leading asset management business, with over 200 years of experience in shaping the prosperity of our clients. And from short-term challenges to long-term aims, every client is different. So, we know how important it is to focus on the individual, giving our undivided attention to helping them attain their goals.
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1804
1 London Wall Place, London Wall Place, London Wall, London, UK