You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Department: Nature Communications
Location: New York/London/Berlin
Do you love science but feel that a career at the bench isn’t enough to sate your desire to learn more about the natural world? Do you enjoy reading papers outside your chosen area of research? If the answer is ‘yes’ to any or all of these questions, you could be the person we’re looking for to join the editorial team of Nature Communications.
Nature Communications is the world’s leading multidisciplinary Open Access journal, publishing high-quality research from across the natural sciences. To help us to build on the success of this journal, we’re seeking a cancer biologist or genomics expert who has a critical eye, a deep understanding of their subject and interests beyond, and who can think on their feet.
To be considered for the position, you will have:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in a field related to cancer and/or genomics and significant research experience. Candidates with expertise in cancer genomics and related disciplines, and candidates with experience of working with clinical data, are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Editorial experience is not required, although applicants with significant editorial experience are encouraged to apply and will potentially be considered for a Senior Editor position.
- A thorough understanding of recent trends and developments in the field is essential.
- A passion for science and a thirst to learn more. You must be able to demonstrate the breadth of your interest in scientific research, both within and beyond your speciality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- The ability to read and assess the novelty, context and implications of research submitted to the journal from different areas of this discipline.
- Be eager to travel and meet scientists worldwide, learn more about them and their research, and help them learn more about us and what we are looking for in the papers we seek to publish.
The successful candidates will report to a team manager in the life sciences, and play an important role in determining the representation of their subject in the journal. They will handle original research papers, and work closely with other editors on all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript selection and overseeing peer review. The ability to recommend well-reasoned editorial decisions on submitted manuscripts in the light of expert advice is crucial. They will liaise extensively with editors at other journals in the Nature family and experts in the international scientific community.
The position is available on a full-time, permanent basis and may be located either in our New York, London, or Berlin office.
Applicants should include a CV, a covering letter explaining their interest in the post and their preferred office of employment, and a Research Highlight in the style of Nature Cell Biology (of around 300 words) on a recent relevant paper from the literature.
Closing date: 23rd September 2018.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Springer Nature
Discover. Learn. Achieve.
Springer Nature is a world leading research, educational and professional publisher, providing quality content to our communities through a range of innovative platforms, products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people – helping researcher
- Media, Publishing & Events, Academia & Education
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 2015
The Macmillan Building, 4 Crinan St, Kings Cross, London, UK