You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Basingstoke, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 09 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 23,500.0 per year
Therapeutic Residential Childcare Worker - Children with Learning Needs
Do you have some experience in supporting children/young people with complex needs?
Salary: £21,500 - £23, 500 per annum (includes sleep in bonus c £2000.00 per annum) plus company benefits, free DBS, excellent quality training / induction and funding for Level 3 Diploma professional qualification
Staff benefits: Childcare vouchers, company pension, car lease scheme, cycle to work scheme. Great discounts on gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, family days out, restaurants and high street shopping!
Manager’s Staff Reward Scheme: My client loves to recognise, celebrate and reward your success!
One of the leading providers of therapeutic residential childcare and special education in the South East for children/young people with learning needs is looking for a Therapeutic Residential Childcare Worker for this interesting and rewarding career in the residential childcare sector!
Come and be a part of shaping this fantastic resource in Basingtoke!
- You will support and engage positively with up to 4 children aged 10- 18 years with moderate to profound learning needs and challenging behaviours in an Ofsted 'Outstanding' Ofsted registered children's home
- You will work closely with the therapeutic staff team under the guidance of the management team and be a key part of the children’s daily lives
- Interested in fun and sports activities? Help the children to enjoy many opportunities to have fun and explore the world around them!
- You will work shifts on a rolling rota that will include earlies/lates/sleep ins and some weekend shifts
- You will provide a level of care as required, including element prompting, full prompting or full personal care
- You are a clear communicator and caring with the ability to engage appropriately and sensitively with vulnerable children
- Perhaps you know Makaton /PECS or other diverse skills for children with different communication methods?
- You can provide structure, routines and consistency to children who can display challenging and disruptive behaviour
- You are able to work in line with all children and young people’s placement plans, risk assessments and behaviour management plans
- You are a car driver
- You have the personality and skills to help make a positive difference to a child’s life!
Recommended searches: Residential Childcare, Team Manager, Shift Leader, Childcare, Support Worker, Learning Disabilities, Autism, ASC, Asperger’s, Special Needs, Children, Young People, Youth, Care, Sports, Instructor, Mentor, Activities, Psychology, Play Therapy.
Commutable from areas including: Portsmouth, Southampton, Winchester, Basingstoke, Newbury and Tadley
My client is an equal opportunities employer.
Successful applicants will be subject to the client’s employment checks including gaining suitable references and DBS check prior to employment start date.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.