You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 07 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Who we are
BNP Paribas Global Markets provides cross-asset investment, hedging, financing, research and market intelligence to corporate and institutional clients, as well as private and retail banking networks. Global Markets' sustainable, long term business model seamlessly connects clients to capital markets throughout 38 markets in EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas, with innovative solutions and digital platforms. Through Global Markets, clients can access a full universe of opportunities in equity derivatives, foreign exchange and local markets, commodity derivatives, rates, primary and credit markets and prime solutions and financing.
The Graduate Program is designed to provide you with first-class training and immediate responsibility. You will participate to a 6 weeks Bootcamp before moving into a full-time role in one of our quant teams. As a graduate you will have access to a number of workshops, in-house training and networking events. You will also be assigned a mentor to help you with your career development.
We have open quant graduate positions in the Data and A.I Lab and the Automated Market Making (AMM) Team.
The role of our Data and A.I Lab is to use the latest techniques of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing to help Global Markets do a better job. For this, we need to leverage the huge amount of both internal and external data we are accumulating daily, whether it is structured (Market and Trade data) or unstructured (Chats, Voice conversations, Social Media and alternative data).
AMM work is ranging from building electronic market making strategies, algo design, execution strategies to provide liquidity internally and externally on large range of products and subsequently hedging risk inherited from internal and exchange flows.
You will be required to complete the following rotation:
You will spend 6 months with the Data and A.I Lab and 6 months with the AMM Team.
What you will do:
Your role will include:
Data and A.I Lab
- Using the latest techniques of Machine and Deep Learning to build models for our trading and sales activity leveraging internal and external data to improve the service we give to Clients while managing tightly the risk associated to those products
- Build our next generation of Natural Language Understanding interface (Speech to Text and Chat to Systems) across all business lines
- Participate in the design and development of our core research projects such as unsupervised classification of the various market participants behaviour, sentiment analysis in chats or new and improvement of the market making in low or high frequency
- Be able to innovate freely, Introducing new techniques or technologies if needed
- Contribute to the day do day activity of the desk with a strong focus on quantitative research/trading and with strong interactions between quant traders and IT strategists (both in Paris and London)
- The primary working landscape will be on on alpha discovery in the medium frequency space (couple of minutes to couple of days)
- Perform simulation of strategies on our backtest framework (Lynx, XTI Simu)
- Help improve execution both liquidity placement and liquidity taking
- Work on modelling cross assets relationships
- Work with strategist to implement tools adaptation (Automaton : Edge / Backtester : Lynx)
- Perform Academic research digest on quant modelling topics
Technical skills required:
- Strong education in Statistics, Maths or Computer Science (Master or PhD level): we are not just looking for people who know how to use machine learning techniques, but for people who understand how it works inside the black-box.
- Strong knowledge of Machine Learning techniques (classification, regression, natural language processing via standard statistical models or neural network)
- Good programming skills, preferably Python
- Good knowledge of Databases (SQL, Oracle, MongoDB...) and with dealing with Big Data environment (Hadoop, Spark)
- Relevant internships in industry applying Machine Learning techniques and successful participation to Kaggle challenges are a plus
- Delivery-driven mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong organisational skills
- Team Player
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Opening date: 5th September 2018
Closing date: 30th November 2018Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe.
The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financia
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1848
BNP Paribas, 10 Harewood Ave, Marylebone, London, UK