- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 25 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Put yourself at the forefront of our global business, working to identify, assess and manage risk. You will work with people of all levels across the firm, develop a broad understanding of products and their risks and start building your professional network.
What You Can Expect
Understanding, mitigating and managing risk is at the forefront of how we do business, and critical to our current and future success. Risk managers help manage our financial reputations and regulatory performance, while working across the business to shape decisions, influence models and interface with regulators. Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Risk includes opportunities within Credit and Market Risk as well as the related Chief Investment Office, Treasury and Corporate Risk Group.
Our ten-week summer program is a challenging, but hugely rewarding, opportunity to learn about the world of CIB Risk including opportunities within Credit, CTC and Market Risk.
- The Credit Risk team works in partnership with many areas of the CIB including sales, trading and banking and is responsible for assessing, approving and managing the risk of not receiving payments from a client. This risk can relate to products and services including loans, derivatives and trading activities. The Credit Risk team manages counterparty risk by evaluating client’s financial strength through discussions with senior management and clients.
- Market Risk works in partnership with the CIB trading businesses. The team tracks market events, performs portfolio analysis and provides risk advisory for multiple asset classes including FX, Rates, Equities, Credit, Securitized Products, and Commodities retained by the firm. Market Risk engages in discussions with all levels of management on the firm’s risk appetite ahead of and during major market events.
- Chief Investment Office, Treasury and Corporate (CTC) Risk manage the risk of the retained portfolio generated from the Chief Investment Office, Global Treasury, and other corporate businesses. The team’s responsibilities are varied across risk stripes, and include participating in risk analysis, providing independent oversight, developing key risk analytics presentations, among other activities.
The Corporate & Investment Bank Risk summer program starts with a five day orientation and training session. Expert instructors and J.P. Morgan professionals will teach you about our history, our products and the intellectual property that serve our clients. You will gain technical and practical knowledge and the inspiration and insight you need for success.
During training you will learn skills that include valuation analysis, accounting, corporate finance, economics, equity capital markets, debt capital markets and risk analysis.
Once on the desk, depending on your group, your responsibilities as a Summer Analyst may include: performing analysis/due diligence on a counterparty/product, monitoring risk sensitives across individual counterparties and the portfolio as a whole, building financial models, contributing to analytical exercises in response to global events, preparing reports to outline recommendations to senior management and assisting in evaluating market moves that could cause losses to the firm.
Our Summer Analysts come from a variety of backgrounds and graduates from all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
- A well-rounded academic background is important — you should be on track for a 2:1 Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Project management skills and the ability to deliver under pressure and to tight deadlines
But beyond that, what we are most interested in are the things that make you unique: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
25 November, 2018
At JPMorgan Chase, we are creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you are passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we are looking for you.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits programme and highly competitive compensation package.
Visit jpmorgan.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years. Our business has been built upon our core principle of putting our clien
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1799
25 Bank St, Canary Wharf, London E14 5JP