You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Aldershot, UK
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Joining SNC-Lavalin Atkins on our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Division will mean that you are able to work with teams across mission critical industries, to contribute to the security and resilience of the nation, or to exploit advanced technology to help clients to not only meet, but embrace these exciting times. They work with leading names to transform the future of aerospace engineering and create lighter, quieter and more fuel-efficient aircraft. The security team is trusted by organisations to help them understand the threats they are facing and develop the strategies to counter them.
At SNC-Lavalin Atkins we offer a world of opportunities, from the projects you’ll work on, to the directions you can take your career. Join our ADS&T team and you’ll work with the finest minds on some of the most challenging engineering projects of our time. Specifically, as a member of the Systems Engineering practice you will have the opportunity to contribute to projects in the following domain areas:
• UK Defence Equipment and Infrastructure Programmes
• Cyber Security
• Digital Transformation Programmes
Our principle clients include UK Government Departments & Agencies and Airbus, BAE SYSTEMS, Cobham, Babcock and other major companies.
What you’ll be doing
As a Systems Engineering placement student you'll learn to become a future business leader as part of one of our teams based in either Aldershot or Bristol.
• working closely with our clients to ensure they fully and correctly capture and articulate their business needs
• capturing and analysing requirements and assess how they can be validated and tested
• developing Systems Engineering Architectures in Model Based Systems Engineering software tools
• helping our clients to execute successful projects in which the outcome will be exactly that desired
Where you’ll be based
You'll be able to select either Aldershot or Bristol as your home office and will be required to be UK mobile based on project requirements.
Who we’re looking for
• be an undergraduate with a predicted 2:1 or above (Masters or Bachelors) in any of the following disciplines:
- Control & Systems Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
• be confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams
• have good communication skills and be able to collaborate with a variety of colleagues and become a trusted customer adviser
• be someone who can analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions and recommendations
• be a lateral thinker who isn’t afraid to push the boundaries
• have vision, ambition and the drive to keep on learning
To get a real feel for our culture or learn about what makes life at Atkins so great – just select the handle from your favourite social media platform and take a look #insideatkins
Rewards and Benefits
Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
• dedicated support from your line manager who will create personalised objectives with you, so you can get the most out of your time with us to support you with your studies and beyond
• our top performing placement students have the opportunity to be nominated straight onto our Graduate Development Programme
In addition, you’ll also receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas from moving people across London faster on Crossrail through to solving the energy challenges of the future.
Our work covers a range of sectors including Transportation, Water, Aerospace, Defence, Energy, t
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1938