- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 19 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
The Telegraph is an award-winning, multimedia news brand synonymous with quality, credibility and authority for more than 162 years.
We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a diverse and discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
The Customer Business Area at the Telegraph is vital in supporting each part of the organisation, from Subscriptions, and Travel to Editorial, Product and Events, in achieving our goal of reaching 10 million registered users by 2020. Our Marketing department sits within Customer, and is at the heart of helping the Telegraph accomplish this target.
As our newest Marketing Graduate you’ll rotate across our Subscriptions, Consumer Marketing, Performance Marketing and Communications departments. You’ll be instrumental in supporting and driving relevant initiatives that help us grow and nurture our customer base. This is a fantastic opportunity to stretch your skills across a wide variety of specialisms, and develop and harness new ones too.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with your manager and the wider Performance Marketing team, as well as the individual vertical teams, to ensure campaigns are aligned to the overarching strategy, refining and improving customer user journeys to maximise conversion.
- Work in collaboration with external agencies to ensure the successful planning, implementation and optimisation of any Paid activity; and the internal CRM, Media and SEO & Content teams to ensure the desired activity from our Owned and Earned channels.
- Effective project management - briefing any campaigns to relevant marketing and creative teams, presenting the plans/creative to senior stakeholders for approval and once approved ensuring campaigns are executed on time and to a high standard.
- Align with business stakeholders to identify key opportunities to promote all areas of the business throughout the year. Supporting in idea generation through to execution of the campaigns.
- Alongside the Subscription Proposition team, identify and develop acquisition opportunities, product improvements and collaborate with the marketing teams to ensure effective paid ROI as well as organic conversion.
- With the Subscription Retention & Partnership team, identify and improve data-led retention strategies, including communication and engagement, as well as subscriber events and partnerships for Telegraph Rewards.
- Working with the Communications team, editorial and trade marketing to support with Telegraph positioning and coverage along with helping to manage Telegraph editorial and staff speaking opportunities.
- Closely monitor coverage and industry news, assisting with Telegraph press enquiries and internal communication.
- Drive, enthusiasm and determination
- Educated to degree level (by 2019 at the latest), preferably with a 2.1 classification or above.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build relationships and work confidently with internal and external teams.
- A passion and commitment for working in a fast-paced media environment.
- Creative, with strong copywriting skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent project management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to analyse campaigns and make recommendations based on data and insight.
- Confident in bringing new and relevant ideas to the table.
- Excellent attention to detail, planning, organisational and time management skills with the ability to work to competing tight deadlines under pressure, with a positive attitude
What you can expect from us if successful:
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development and training.
- Access to a Telegraph Mentor
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About The Telegraph
The Telegraph’s mission is to provide content that inspires people to have the perspective they want to progress in life. It delivers quality, trusted, award-winning journalism, 24 hours a day, across its digital and print properties as well as through leading digital partners.
Founded in 1855, The Telegraph has built a diversified commerc
- Media, Publishing & Events
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1855
111 Buckingham Palace Rd, London SW1W 0DT, UK