- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 08 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 09 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit dxc.technology
- Responsible for all technical deliverables related to solutioning, designing/planning, and executing a client’s IT migrations from point A to Point B (includes migration across/within datacenters, server states, user bases, operating systems, HW/SW versions, platforms, workplaces, delivery teams, etc.).
- Provides overall design/engineering direction and support for migration across all towers to ensure the program meets the contractual obligations and operational standards, as well as the client’s business imperatives.
- Manages the migration design/planning and oversees execution, ensuring that all data required to plan/execute the migration is collected, validated, and updated in the SSoT (Single-Source-of-Truth) data repository to ensure all data is 3C-data (correct, current, complete) for all Source workloads (apps/servers) at all times; all move-groups, workload placement, migration methods, and migration tools are selected correctly; and all technical resources are engaged and tasked for execution
- Ensures WAME (Workload Assessment & Migration Engine) capabilities and best-practices are used to optimize the migration of workload
- Identifies changes/additions to Source environment, and triggers scope-change-control when/where necessary
- Ensures prerequisites are in-place, test-plans are in-place (technical & UAT), technical resources are available, and technical escalation paths are in-place for successful migration waves
- Triggers and manages technical escalations to ensure the right technical resources are brought-to-bear to resolve issues during the window
- Ensures workload migration occurs on-scope, on-schedule, on-budget, on-quality and manages client/account communications as related to the migration
Detailed design/planning of migration scope, approach, dependencies, risks, wave schedule, resources, and finances.
Wave schedules to include:
- Validation of wave content, source/target mapping, server groupings/dependencies, clustering, etc.
- All prerequisites (upgrades prior to migrations, driver loads/updates, etc.)
- All components (servers, storage (local and leveraged), applications, users, etc.)
- All participants (HP, client, 3rd party, etc.)
- Pre- and post- migration testing validation
All types of migrations in-scope
- P2P, P2V, P2C, V2V, V2C, SameBox/Lift-n-Shift, etc.
- HW and/or SW upgrades
- Within datacenter, across datacenters
- Replication via network, swing-gear, etc.
Validation of all dependencies
- Hardware build-out/configuration
- Business/application outage windows
- Resource allocations/commitments Etc.
Generation of detailed playbook/checklist
- Key milestones
- Milestone owners
- Link of key milestones to owners’ detailed playbooks/checklists
- Expected start/end date/time for each milestone
- Dependencies and durations
- Critical-path with cushion time to address unforeseen issues and back-out
- Step-by-step detailed technical instructions
- Go/no-go criteria
- Critical-path flagging, with rollback/back-out procedures
- Severability of wave components (i.e. components that can be backed-out, allowing remainder of wave to complete successfully)
- Change requests
- Steady-state turnover criteria
- Turnover to steady-state
- Release of resources
- Post-migration validation/audit (monitoring, BUR, etc.)
Projecting demand of all key resources
- All key milestone owners (HP, client, 3rd party, etc.) for all roles (Engineers, SAs, testers, etc.)
- Contact info for all participants
- Backups for all participants (turnover for windows > 8 hours, or successive)
- Escalation path for all participants
- Outage/change windows
- Walk-through playbook/checklist with all key milestone owners prior to execution
Education and Experience Required
- Typically 12+ years of relevant industry experience with between 3 and 5 years at the level of significant contribution level, leadership and impact to the business, the company services technical community, and/or the industry
- PMP certification is a plus
- ITIL certification is a plus
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About DXC Technology
DXC is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology is a $25 billion company with a 60-year legacy of delivering results for thousands of clien
- Technology & IT
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 2017
One Pancras Square, 1 Pancras Rd, Kings Cross, London, UK