- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 02 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we’ve lent over £400 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
Now we’re looking for Credit Analysts who can help us make even better lending decisions whilst supporting our rapid growth.
Our team of Credit Analysts are responsible for making lending decisions for each of the small businesses that approach iwoca. You will:
- Analyse credit data, financial statements and other data sources to determine the level of risk involved in lending.
- Conduct thorough due diligence to ensure affordability of credit in line with internal policy.
- Understand and accurately capture the specific revenue and risk drivers for SMEs.
- Be responsible for making lending decisions independently.
- Be actively involved in improving the decision making framework, through developments to our systems and processes.
- Work closely with the Tech and Analytics team to improve systems and our scorecard to enable us to make better, faster and fairer decisions.
- Communicate effectively with our Onboarding and Account Management teams to ensure customer needs are met at all times.
You will need:
- Ideally 1+ years of experience in commercial loan underwriting, credit sanctioning or credit analysis, preferably within the SME sector or alternative lending.
- A good understanding of how businesses operate, including their main risk and revenue drivers.
- The ability to interpret financial statements to evaluate business performance.
- An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills. You will be in direct contact with applicants via phone and email to better understand their business.
- A confident and enthusiastic attitude that works well in a regularly changing and fast paced environment.
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team – together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations – we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London – we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) – such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
It's no secret that banks aren't lending to small businesses. That’s why we’re on a mission to break down the barriers small businesses and startups face when accessing finance.
Our fast and flexible facilities between £1,000 - £150,000 can help small businesses place larger stock orders, bridge cash flow gaps, or invest in growth. It’s fr
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2011
Elsley House, 20-22 Great Titchfield Street, London W1W 8BE, United Kingdom