You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Glasgow, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 11 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 22,000.0 per year
Hunter Laing and Co Ltd, one of Scotland's most established Scotch Whisky companies, is looking to hire a supremely talented and creative marketing graduate to help us with the creation of a new marketing strategy. This is a significant project for our business and aims to increase brand awareness of our products and support the imminent opening of our new distillery. This is a 12 month placement initially and will be based at our head office in Glasgow City Centre.
This project is critical in the development and delivery of our growth plans and ambitions. Specifically, we are expecting significant levels of increased brand awareness for our products, as well as helping to support the opening of our new distillery on the Isle of Islay.
In addition, we will also see benefits in terms of enhancing the customer experience, attracting new customers and help us to develop an understanding of how we can improve our online presence. The new marketing strategy will ultimately lead to increased sales/profits, with a stronger market presence and an enhanced product portfolio.
You will aim to deliver a number of marketing related improvements to our business, culminating in the creation and implementation of a brand new marketing strategy. This will be done by building on our reputation as one of the country's leading Scotch Whisky companies. Our ambition is to continue to grow a global business and your contribution towards this, will be hugely significant.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Assess current marketing activities and outputs and create an appropriate strategy which fits with the wider company plans and ambitions
- Implement new marketing strategy, ensuring that support from the whole company has been secured
- Identify, organise, attend, exhibit and present at trade shows, customer events and tastings
- Conduct a social media audit and report findings
- Identify, create, implement & manage for company and relevant brands
- Assist with NPD to create world class products, liaise with various departments and agencies
A degree in Marketing or Business would be ideal for this placement. We will be happy to welcome applications from candidates from other disciplines, providing you possess the essential skills, set out below.
Skills / Experience
- Can display and articulate an understanding of current marketing best practice, using both traditional and digital approaches
- Understand the importance of effective branding strategies
- Outstanding communication skills
- Project management experience
- Can work well with competing deadlines and priorities
- Effective personal management skills
- First-class IT skills
- A firm interest in the Scottish Food & Drink sector
- Previous experience of a similar role, either during or post-study
As part of your ScotGrad placement, you will be able to participate in two courses, one online and the other is classroom based. The courses are themed around digital marketing and sales and will provide you with knowledge and skills which will enhance your current and future employability prospects.
ScotGrad placements also offer a unique opportunity to connect with a vast network of graduates and ScotGrad alumni. All graduates appointed through the programme are encouraged to make use of the ScotGrad LinkedIn group to communicate with other ScotGrad participants, learn about any professional development opportunities and build up a professional network
Location: Glasgow City Centre
Planned interview date: TBC
Preferred start date: 19th November 2018
The Laing family have been in the Scotch Whisky business for more than three generations, the company has acquired not only a great deal of experience but, just as importantly, vast stocks of some of the most sought after whiskies in Scotland.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
ScotGrad offers paid, project-based student placements and graduate fixed term contracts in dynamic small and medium sized organisations across Scotland.
Operated by Scottish Enterprise, Highlands and Islands Enterprise, and the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services, we support Scottish businesses and social enterprises to f
- Recruitment & HR
- Glasgow, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2010