You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Enfield, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 01 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Metaswitch doesn’t just hire graduates. We hire the best graduates. We don’t offer jobs. We offer careers.
We have a history as one of the UK’s finest software institutions and yet we are using and taking the very latest Web-scale technologies into previously uncharted areas. By joining Metaswitch as a software engineer you join this innovation race: a community of developers, employees, partners and customers who are committed to rebuilding communications networks and services for future generations.
Our package highlights:
- Challenging work with leading-edge technology in a financially-strong company.
- Flexible working conditions and a deep company-wide commitment to training and development for everyone.
- We accept applications from graduates and postgraduates of all degree disciplines. No experience is necessary but an interest in technology is essential.
- We provide subsidised accommodation in a company house at our Enfield location. We also offer company-arranged accommodation in Edinburgh, Chester, Coventry and Cambridge.
- We recruit all year round with no deadline.
The focus is on you
The secret of our success is the people we recruit – and we’re looking for the best. You do not need prior computing experience, but an enquiring mind and the proven ability to solve complex problems are essential, as is an outstanding academic record.
Join us and you'll find that the focus is all about you. You're recognised and treated as an individual. Your training is unique to you – tailored to your own wishes and needs – and will continue throughout your career with us. The only constant is that you will be challenged and stretched, but within a supportive environment, working with some of the brightest minds in the business.
A career in the cloud
Software engineering is an exceptionally creative discipline. We are living in a world where people expect more and more from their communications products and network services. As a direct result, network service providers stand at the doorstep of a radical transformation in the way they build and operate communications services. They need your help to move their core network elements off proprietary hardware into a cloud-based, software-centric future. Inspired software engineering affects how these services perform – and how they are experienced by end-users.
You will work on projects that are revolutionising the communications industry. Working with some of the smartest engineers around, you’ll develop flexible and hugely scalable software architectures - the enduring structures that make innovative services possible within and between communications networks. You will build our products, which are deployed by hundreds of companies and provide communication services to many millions of subscribers around the world.
World class software engineers
With our support you will become a world class software engineer, armed with the expertise to tackle the difficult challenges posed daily by the projects you are working on. With the assistance of your manager and mentor, you will learn new software languages and programming techniques to enable you to solve some of the most complex problems the software industry faces.
You will use your analytical skills to reduce each problem you encounter into its individual parts, and then work out how to solve each issue and turn your design into reality. Your creative instincts will help you to produce a solution that is elegant, efficient, high-quality and delivered to the customer on time.
Every project will involve new and exciting challenges. You’ll have clear ownership of the aspects that you are responsible for and will very soon be making key decisions that affect our products. As you become more experienced, you will increasingly have the opportunity to lead projects, people and teams as your career flourishes within Metaswitch.
Training and development
Our commitment to training is second to none
From day one, you will be assigned real tasks working on the design and development of complex software. A training program will be tailored for you and continue throughout your career with us. While you can develop your career in a technical role, you are also free to explore other paths within our flexible, open organisation.
We don't just say it, we do it:
- Your assigned mentor will set aside 20% of their time for your training in your first year. Supported by that commitment, you will have the freedom and flexibility to drive your career in the direction – and at the speed – that you choose.
- You won’t follow a fixed rigid programme. You’ll have your own individual training plan, tailored to your specific needs and objectives.
- On-the-job training will form the basis of your development. You will also enjoy specifically tailored in-house seminars covering the company's operation and developing your skills. Add to this an array of external courses, and you will gain all of the skills you need to succeed.
It is important to us that you do not feel pigeon-holed. So if you enjoy variety, you can spend time in any of the roles above. If you excel in all areas, then you will have the opportunity to run your own division - acting effectively as an entrepreneur within the company.
Don't forget our hackathons...
In addition, we give everyone the opportunity to participate in regular Metaswitch organised Hackathons with your colleagues from across our engineering spectrum. These great events give everybody a chance to swap ideas and generate momentum in their own projects, as well as ensuring that your creative and problem-solving skills have a chance to shine – and win prizes!
We are looking for people with the following skill set:
- A strong academic record (a minimum of all A grades at A level, a minimum 3.7 GPA, or equivalent) and a good degree in any subject.
- An aptitude for understanding and solving complex problems.
- Energy, enthusiasm, versatility and creativity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
You do not need prior computing experience to work at Metaswitch. If you have all of the skills listed above, we would be very interested in hearing from you. To apply, simply click on 'Apply Now' at the top of the page.Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Metaswitch Networks
We work with customers across the world, from established giants – such as BT, AT&T, Cisco and Microsoft – to more nimble companies (like us), who are creating the next big breakthroughs in the ways we communicate.
What does that mean to you? It means together we can work at the centre of a major shift in the way the world communic
- Technology & IT, Telecommunications
- in Enfield, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1981
100 Church St, Enfield, UK