- Malmesbury, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 29,000.0 per year
A 2 year programme growing our future Sales Leaders for Northern Europe, you’ll experience a number of pivotal roles in key Sales teams, responsible for getting our technology into people's hands. From executing launch campaigns to driving sales in our retail spaces, our graduates can get involved in it all.
Over a two year rotational programme, you’ll be influencing senior leaders and stakeholders, experiencing negotiation and leadership across a broad variety of sales roles. Mainly based in The Cotswolds you’ll gain broader European exposure, and potentially regional relocation by your second year.
Towards the end of your programme, you could be leading teams up to 14 strong, networking across Dyson with teams such as marketing, finance, supply chain and Dyson’s direct to customer business of websites and stores.
From there we expect that you’ll be ready to take up a senior position in our Northern European Commercial team, not necessarily in the UK, continuing to drive your Dyson career. Where you take it from there is up to you.
Over the two year programme you’ll complete a number of key roles across the Northern Europe market. Your first 6 to 12 months will be working with our Field Sales team, business-to-business (B2B) or National Accounts team to develop and widen your business acumen. After this you’ll participate in a further three rotations to really enhance the skills required to be a commercial leader at Dyson.
Examples of our rotations include the following areas:
Field Sales - Regional Development Management:
- Drive retail sales across the region
- Successfully executing national campaigns and promotions
- Using commercials and figures to impact and influence key business decision makers within retail partners
B2B - Dyson Professional (Airblade and Jake Dyson Lighting):
- Identifying new business opportunities with new customers and making commercial business proposals
- Engaging and interacting with senior members of the team
- Working with distribution partners to expand our B2B business
National Accounts - National Account Executive:
- Working in partnership with our key retailers
- Developing and executing joint business plans
- Potentially working as an implant, based in the offices of one our accounts to understand their priorities and develop relationships
Supporting the growth of our Northern Europe Hub:
- Travelling to countries within Northern Europe to develop our business further
- Managing Profit & Loss (P&L)
- Exposure to the different ways of working and the different challenges faced within these business areas
Alongside the rotations there will also be specific project work which will provide the opportunity for you to lead and execute projects for other departments across the market. This will enable you to understand how the entire team collaborates to drive sales and deliver results.
It’s not easy but over the course of the two years you’ll be supported with a development framework alongside your mission, enabling further opportunities to hone your skills and evolve your knowledge. Navigating the opportunities as they arise. You’ll also have access to a mentor and a buddy to help you along the way.
This programme is demanding but rewarding. To apply you’ll need to have, or be working towards, a degree in a Business-related degree ideally, on track to achieve a 2:1 or above. You’ll need to be able to demonstrate a clear motivation for this programme and your business acumen, so entrepreneurial interests and previous experience working in a commercial environment would be favoured.
What is important is that we really need to see what you’ve achieved. Show us when you’ve overcome the impossible and delivered exceptional results; put yourself out there rather than wait for things to happen. Show you are happy to get your hands dirty, learning through doing, but equally as comfortable taking the lead, making a stand, driving initiatives, influencing others along the way. Whether it’s through internships, work experience or extra-curricular activities, you’ll be expected to evidence working in high performing teams but stand out as an impressive individual contributor.
Due to the opportunities on this programme, you’ll need to have a valid UK Driving licence, and consider yourself geographically mobile across the UK and Northern Europe.
Above all, we’ll need to see your passion for Dyson and our Technology.
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free on-site gym and sports centre
- Subsidised café and restaurants
- Discounts on Dyson machines
- Performance related bonus
- Free on-site parking
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Who we are
We’re Dyson, a global technology enterprise. Since 1993 we’ve been finding new ways to solve real-world problems – from vacuum cleaners with revolutionary cyclone technology, to a hairdryer with intelligent heat control. Our global headquarters, home to our first RDD centre, is located in the Cotswolds where the Dyson stor
- Engineering & industrial, Science & Research
- in Malmesbury, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1993
1, Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury SN16 0RP, UK