You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Portsmouth, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 26 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 27,000.0 per year
Graduate Telecom Payload System Engineer Airbus Defence and Space PortsmouthAirbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the jobStart date: September 2019
Application closing date: 4th November 2018
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within your function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
The Payload System Engineering department within the Telecom Business Division is responsible for providing engineering support to telecom payload projects; to payload R&D activities and to the development of advanced payload products. Main customers include SES, Eutelsat and Inmarsat. In addition to the acquisition of solid knowledge in the domain of space missions and telecom payloads, this Graduate role is an opportunity to get involved with the definition of future products within a constantly changing industry.
You will also work in a multi-disciplinary department and in close cooperation with our colleagues in other Airbus sites responsible for the overall satellite.
From this role there are excellent opportunities for career progression in technical and managerial roles both within the Telecom business division (RF lead for telecom payloads, advance payload expert, engineering manager, project manager, ...) and in other divisions (Assembly Integration and Test, Communications Products, ...).
This role is based at the Portsmouth site which is the Airbus Centre of Excellence for Telecom payloads.
Tasks & accountabilitiesMain activities will include:
- Support the design process of a telecom payload (system, electrical and EMC aspects)
- Perform RF analyses of payload performances as part of an integrated project team.
- Support the Electrical and EMC experts as required
- Support the mission through the payload project lifecycle, in particular with the preparation and presentation to the customer at project gate reviews.
- Support the equipment level test results review. Support the Assembly Integration and test phases, first at payload level, and then at spacecraft level (for environmental tests for instance).
- Work at transverse level with other groups such as the Mechanical Design Office, Purchasing, equipment suppliers and Assembly and Integration Test teams.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
Required skillsAs the successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- At minimum, a 2:1 degree or equivalent qualification in Telecommunications, Electrical/ Electronic Engineering, Physics or related subject.
- An interest in working in the space industry.
- Good understanding of electrical engineering principles
- Interest in the RF Telecommunications field shown by undertaking one or more of the following modules (or similar); RF Systems, Communication and Propagation, Communication Theory, Wireless Communications, Satellite Communications.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel.
- An understanding of Satellite Communications systems / Satellite Links.
- Undertaking of one or more of the following modules (or similar): Coding Theory, Digital communications, Antennas and Propagation, Digital Signal Processing.
- Experience with modelling tools such as Matlab , Simulink, SystemVue, ADS.
- Any experience involving utilisation of RF instruments, test equipment and test techniques.
- Awareness of EMC principles
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
Application window is 17th September 2018 - 4th November 2018. United Kingdom
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Airbus is a global leader in aerospace, offering the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners and civil and military rotorcraft. As well as having strong capabilities in military aircraft and cyber security, Airbus is also Europe’s number one space enterprise.
Graduates at Airbus can take their first steps towards building a big
- Logistics & Transport
- in Portsmouth, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1970