You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Reading, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 20 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Oracle is looking for dynamic, high performing interns who thrive on the challenge of working in a fast moving cloud sales environment and who have a passion for technology and how it can help businesses succeed.
Cloud computing, mobile technology and social networking have fundamentally changed the way we do business. Oracle is leading the way in exploiting these changes in technology to transform the way IT systems are designed, delivered and used by our customers. We have the most complete and modern cloud business application suite on the market, and we are re-defining the way businesses operate.
As an all round Development Consulting intern, you will be at forefront of the Cloud revolution using Oracle’s next-generation technologies to demonstrate how organisations from small start-ups to large enterprises can develop compelling and innovative solutions. Individuals with fresh ideas will contribute in areas including UI Design and Mobile, Natural Language Processing, Intelligent Chat Bots, Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning and the Internet of Things.
Have knowledge and experience with any of the following coding and programming language?
- Python, Java, .Net, XML/XSLT, ASP, PHP
- Node.js, AngularJS, Knockout, Oracle JET, JQuery Mobile, Cordova, Android, iOS, PhoneGap, Appcelerator
- Chef/Puppet, Jenkins/Hudson, Git/Subversion, agile development methodologies (Scrum, Agile)
Then read on!Oracle Platform as a Service (PaaS):
Oracle Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) helps enterprise IT and independent software vendor (ISV) developers rapidly build and deploy rich applications - or extend Oracle Cloud SaaS apps - using an enterprise-grade cloud platform based on the industry's #1 database and application server.
In the role you will be a domain expert working with many of our key customers on opportunities selling our cloud and on-premise solutions. You will work closely with our sales representatives and make full use of the support eco-system and partners to inspire our customers and convince them to use our solutions and services.
- Contribute to the achievement of the UK Technology business unit target
- Build and maintain in depth knowledge in the relevant products and platform service areas
- Understand the needs and pains of customers and link them to a set of products/solutions provided by Oracle
- Demonstrate the credibility of Oracle's products and solutions
- Share product and solution knowledge with other teams as appropriate
- Maintain awareness of relevant competitive products
- Work closely with all Oracle lines of business to position broad, cross-product solutions that maximise the value to customers
- Assist in demand generation and customer success activities as required
- You will be working as part of a consulting team in Oracle. This is not an internship where you are working FOR the team – you will be integrated in as PART OF the team getting real hands on experience
- You will be involved in building and delivering demos that highlight the capabilities of our solutions
- You will be networking in a multi-cultural environment making key connections for your future!
- You will gain a solid understanding of the technology landscape and Oracle portfolio of solutions
- You will be liaising with different teams including sales development, field sales, OracleDigital and marketing
What we look for:
- University finalists seeking post-graduation experience with coding and programming knowledge referenced above
- Energetic, articulate and motivated students on course for a 2:1 degree or higher with the right attitude and aptitude to succeed in a fast-paced business
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, commitment, self-belief and achievement-orientation
- A real team player
- Good time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, able to analyse data/situations and draw logical evidence-based conclusions
- The ability to self-manage, with strong organisational and planning skills
- Self-motivated to continuously expand personal and professional knowledge
- Not afraid to fail, not afraid to learn
- The ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools
- The ability to communicate to both technical and business audiences well
- The ability to articulate the benefits of our solutions in the customer’s context
- Ability to handle technical and commercial objections
Oracle – Engineered for SUCCESS:
- A challenging job in a positive atmosphere within an international organization with a dynamic team
- The opportunity to influence your job and your workplace and to become part of an innovative business unit
- We will be open for applications from 1st October 2018
- To apply simply submit a cover and CV letter!
- Students will be contacted by the Recruitment Team from January
- If successful, students will be invited to one of our assessment days that will take place throughout February and March
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company.
From the data centre to the cloud, Oracle not only eliminates the complexity that stifles business innovation, but also engineers in speed, reliability, security, and manageability. The result i
- Technology & IT
- Reading, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1977
520 Oracle Pkwy, Earley, Reading RG6 1RA, UK