You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Edinburgh, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 09 Sep, 2018
- Start date: 24 Jun, 2019
- Visa Sponsor
We are working hard to build a technology foundation fit for a modern digital, insight-led, responsive business. This means we can offer an exceptionally broad set of exposure and growth opportunities to people pursuing a career in business technology.
Technologies we’ve been working with recently have included:
- Microsoft Azure cloud
- Serverless frameworks
- HD Insight
- Databricks analytics platform, Spark etc
- Adobe Experience Manager
During the 8 week internship, and you will have the opportunity to work in one of the following teams: Engineering, Delivery, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Business Analysis or Data Analytics.
Every day is different - from running user research on new products that are coming to market; developing customer, advisor and operational experiences; to making new components and releases live in our production environment. As an intern, you will make valuable contributions to your team and will be involved in a variety of tasks.
Each intern will have a buddy from our graduate cohort who will provide informal support and promote integration with the M&G Prudential family. You’ll also have the opportunity to attend networking and social events which are essential for promoting the work life balance encouraged at M&G Prudential.
What we’ve been doing recently
We’re making a series of significant changes across the Wealth Solutions business of Prudential UK as part of our contribution to make M&G Prudential the best loved and most successful savings and investments business. These changes are part of our strategy to modernise Prudential UK so that we can regain our reputation for innovation, reduce costs and become a truly digital business.
- Building a secure public cloud platform to enable our teams to deliver with minimal friction
- Building natural language conversational interfaces to give our customers a smooth experience, and our sales people a major productivity boost
- Working in multi-discipline feature teams, alongside designers, analysts, product managers, user experience specialists and information security experts
- Exploring the latest container orchestration platforms, then selecting and building out the one that best suits our needs
- Building a design system to make collaboration across user experience, design and engineering smooth, and effortlessly give our visual user interfaces a consistent look and feel
- Automating our software delivery processes to make them fast, visible, and ensure we’re building quality in from the outset
- Taking centre stage in 3-day ‘hothouse’ sessions intensively collaborating on building software to solve a real business problem
What we’re looking for
Our values as a team are core to everything that we do:
Be happy to help: We all need help from time to time. Sometimes we don’t know it. We make it a point to look out for each other. Caring for each other and being helpful to one another is the foundation of our culture
Take pride in your work: Our future is fuelled by experiences made with passion and creativity. Passion inspires, motivates and makes magic happen. Big or small changes, they are all worth it.
Push boundaries: We don’t want to recreate the ordinary, we are here to rethink the future. Why are we building this product? Why do we need this service? Amazing experiences start by challenging the status quo.
Think freely, act quickly: We’ve cut the red tape to stop things holding you back. You can never be too young, too old or too new to have a say. You have autonomy.
Take responsibility and trust yourself and trust your team. Mistakes will happen, but with everyone we share together, we grow stronger.
We are a home to people with big smiles and small egos. Be kind, be humble, be supportive and professional – always!
At M&G Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business. If you share our values, are passionate about technology and you’re a penultimate year undergraduate student headed for a 2:1, get in touch to start your journey.
- Start date: 24 June 2019
- Salary: Highly competitive
- Location: Edinburgh
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About M&G Investments
M&G has been helping people to prosper by putting their investments to work for more than 85 years. Today we manage the long-term savings of millions of people across Europe, Asia and the Americas. Our customers include private investors, members of pension schemes and life insurance policyholders.
We think of ourselves as active al
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1931