- Luton, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 29 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Leonardo – Engineering the Future
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Graduate Programme develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
To assist in the Project Management of tasks or projects achieving the successful delivery of a solution or project that is compliant with Customer, Contractual and Legislative requirements.
Learn to lead and develop a project team, ensuring work is resourced and allocated effectively by coordinating within an IPT to satisfy project requirements while following business Lifecycle management process.
Take responsibility for the effective planning and management of team performance to achieve project schedule adherence, cost and quality of allocated work packages or projects
Communicate project plans and progress across the business in order to ensure all stakeholders are briefed, making recommendations for consideration by senior management.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. As one of our graduates, you will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Supported by Project Management, coordinate and manage activities of the Integrated Project Team (IPT) by establishing appropriate communication mechanisms, including meetings and reporting requirements.
- Manage and report the IPT's activities, including representation of the IPT at Project Performance reviews.
- Responsible for successful delivery (on time to cost & quality) of all assigned tasks or projects across the whole life cycle including preparation, review and management of project plans, whilst mitigating risk, to ensure the business meets targets & objectives.
- Establish, Build and maintain strong working relationships, with both internal and external stakeholders, in order to influence project activities through effective communication and learning to Lead and develop the project teams effectively.
- Monitor and Control of activities and costs, defining and implementing corrective actions required to address any deviations from the planned activities.
- Conduct effective Risk and Opportunity Management, ensuring that all risks and opportunities are recorded, managed and tracked to closure. Where mitigation activities are required, ensure that adequate support is provided to ensure they are undertaken
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- All our roles require predicted minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline, Business Management Degrees (BA or BSc) or equivalent or a higher degree such as a MEng, MSc. or PhD.
- You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- Excellent communication, organisation and presentation skills
- Resilient, Motivated with a 'can do' attitude.
- Familiar with current IT/computer software packages (i.e. word, excel, PowerPoint).
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary & welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility) & 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee discounts with selected suppliers, including gym membership
- Free parking
What are you waiting for?
Leonardo is one of the biggest suppliers of defence equipment to the UK MoD, come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around!
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Our Assessment dates run from November 2018 to April 2019 roles WILL be closed once offered
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Leonardo is a global high-tech player in Aerospace, Defence and Security.
We are inspired by Leonardo da Vinci, a universally recognised symbol of creativity and innovation. Our new name follows our business rationalisation in which we absorbed the activities of AgustaWestland, Alenia Aermacchi, OTO Melara, Selex ES and WASS into
- Engineering & industrial, Logistics & Transport
- in Luton, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948