You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Glasgow, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Description About Ashurst:
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations Business Area - IT Role: Server Engineer (12 month FTC) Location: Glasgow Reporting to: Operations Team Leader
Hours of work -9:00 am – 17:30 pm Monday to Friday - You may also be required to be part of a callout rota (currently once every 3 weeks) and there will be a requirement to do overtime outside core hours and at weekends for system maintenance.
Department/ Role Overview:Server Engineer role cover the day-to-day, 'business as usual' tasks to support all backend IT systems. This role will provide hands-on 3rd line operational support for Ashurst's IT systems as well as providing implementation support for any new projects or technologies which Ashurst may adopt. It is envisaged that 80% of the role will be support focused and 20% project focused.
- 3rd line support of Microsoft BackOffice products inc Exchange/IIS/ISA/DNS/WINS/DHCP/AD, ensuring full system availability.
- Monitoring of all servers and infrastructure applications
- Monitoring, management and support of all EMC SAN infrastructure.
- Monitoring, management and support of all VMWare infrastructure
- Monitoring, management and support of all VMWare VDI infrastructure
- Support and maintain all back office systems and attached services worldwide in both physical and virtual environments
- Configuration and support of Active Directory services, Group Policies, as well as anti-virus and web servers.
- Reactive monitoring using various tools
- Providing and maintaining internal procedural and technical documentation
- Liaising with the Service Delivery team for second line, architectural support and escalation to vendors
- Raising problem records with vendors and follow ups
- Understanding of software deployment tools, in particular WSUS, in deploying MS security patches, service packs, and OS updates/upgrades
- Working with project managers to deliver projects to agreed design and standards
Essential skills and experience:In Depth Knowledge of:
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Back Office products
- Strong Powershell scripting
- Extensive experience of Microsoft Active Directory 2008
- Experience of Windows 2008/2012 Server and supporting technologies such as DNS,WINS,DHCP
- Microsoft clustering Technology
- Virtualisation Technologies in particular Vmware vSphere
- Significant relevant work experience in a similar role
- Experience of Microsoft Lync
- Experience administering XenApp 5
Desired skills and experience
- Good experience of Exchange 2010
- EMC SAN management skills.
- An understanding of LAN / WAN technologies.
- Exposure to a scripting language such as Windows Scripting Host or VB script.
- Exposure to Dell hardware.
- ITIL certification
- Knowledge of infrastructure standards (e.g. ISO)
- Experience of working in a professional services environment
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With 25 offices in 15 countries and a number of referral relationships we offer the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. Our 400 partners and further 1,000 lawyers work across 10 different time zones, responding to our clients wherever and whenever they need u
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1822