- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 06 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 34,000.0 per year
Post Title: Fundraising and Engagement Officer
Nature of the Role: 1 year Fixed-Term Contract with possibleextension based on performance
Open to flexible working arrangements
Responsible to: Head of External Relations
Responsible for: Income generation and stakeholder management
Closing Date: 24 November 2018
Purpose of the Role
Ada, the National College for Digital Skills, is a specialist technical college with a charitable mission to work with industry to design and deliver an education that empowers all our students, especially young women and those from low-income households, to progress into highly skilled digital roles.
After a successful first two years of operation we are scaling up our apprenticeship training offering as well as our fundraising activity. This role will support the Head of External Relations in elevating the College’s approach to both income generation pathways by:
- identifying prospective funders and industry partners;
- drafting written materials to support any applications and bids; and
- maintaining a high level of engagement with external stakeholders.
We aim to raise £500,000 every year and have philanthropic relationships with some of the biggest names in UK industry including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Deloitte, King Games, Salesforce, and Simply Business. We are now in a position to significantly increase our fundraising activity and this role holder will make immediate impact as we implement and develop our new fundraising strategy.
We launched our apprenticeship programme in May 2017 and already work with a variety of exciting partners including Google, Facebook, Deloitte, EY, Expedia, British Land, Asos, Siemens and many more. We are changing the face of the tech sector, using digital skills as a tool for social mobility, driving diversity and opening up routes to great careers for our students and apprentices that were previously closed. The role holder will help produce persuasive materials to support bids and presentations to prospective partners.
Your work will have a direct and transformative impact on the lives of our students and apprentices providing them with opportunities they simply would not receive without your hardwork and dedication to securing funding.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate their expertice in verbal and written communications including experience producing high quality written output that resulted in income generation. The post holder will have the ability to identify new prospects and plan their route to being a supporter.
Experience fundraising from trusts and foundations as well as individual giving is desirable.
- Research and cultivate trusts and foundations suitable for application and write successful funding applications to help secure the agreed annual fundraising target
- Assist the Head of External Relations establishing a fundraising committee to support an Individual Giving Programme
- Ensure high quality ongoing communication resulting in maintaining and developing supportive relationships with potential donors, which will lead to an increase in longer term individual giving
- Research and identify new opportunities to increase/diversify funding streams
- Establish new connections and develop relationships with partners, funders and other stakeholders
- Promote the work of Ada at meetings with businesses, funders, trusts, and other stakeholder networks as and when required
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and collaborate internally to plan strategies for pursuing those prospects.
- Develop and deliver applications, bids and pitches as required to potential partners
- Manage relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Draft and edit content for website, newsletters, leaflets, brochures and all other literature, including funding approaches and press releases
- Deliver regular newsletters to supporters, funders and stakeholders
- Maintain supporter and audience mailing lists and contacts database for external communications, ensuring GDPR regulations are adhered to
- In collaboration with others, draft and manage content for website and social media (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram) that supports our external stakeholder work
Administration and reporting:
- To maintain accurate and updated information on funders and supporters
- Ensure database records are correct and up to date
- Ensure all activity is accurately and comprehensively recorded, and in accordance with GDPR
- Ensure calendar is kept up to date with schedules for fund reporting and event invitations to funders and individuals
- A proven track record of achieving funding through grant applications
- Experience of undertaking high quality research to identify prospective supporters
- Demonstrable experience or understanding of how successful individual giving programmes are developed and established
- A passion for communications, with an ability to produce persuasive material and high-quality bids and applications
- A flexible approach to work
- Highly organised, proactive and willing to go the extra mile.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to form and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience and familiarity with apprenticeships and the apprenticeship market
- Creativity in communication
- Commercially minded and analytical
Variation to this Job DescriptionThis is a description of the job as it is at present, and is current at date of issue. The job description will be reviewed and updated as necessary to ensure that appropriate revisions are incorporated, and that it relates to the job to be performed. This process is carried out through discussions with Management. You are expected to participate fully in the review and, following discussion to update your job description as is considered necessary or desirable
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check when appropriate to the post.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.