- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 07 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Who we are
BNP Paribas Global Markets provides cross-asset investment, hedging, financing, research and market intelligence to corporate and institutional clients, as well as private and retail banking networks. Global Markets' sustainable, long term business model seamlessly connects clients to capital markets throughout 38 markets in EMEA, Asia Pacific and the Americas, with innovative solutions and digital platforms. Through Global Markets, clients can access a full universe of opportunities in equity derivatives, foreign exchange and local markets, commodity derivatives, rates, primary and credit markets and prime solutions and financing.
The Graduate Program is designed to provide you with first-class training and immediate responsibility. You will participate in a 6 weeks Bootcamp before moving into a full-time role in one of our quant teams. As a graduate you will have access to a number of workshops, in-house training and networking events. You will also be assigned a mentor to help you with your career development.
We have open quant graduate positions in our Electronic Trading Quantitative Research (e-FIC) and Automated Market Making (AMM) teams.
The e-FIC Team carries out quantitative research in electronic trading of Fixed Income and Currency (FX) products. Its aim is to provide fully automated solutions for market making.
AMM work is ranging from building electronic market making strategies, algo design, execution strategies to provide liquidity internally and externally on large range of products and subsequently hedging risk inherited from internal and exchange flows.
You will be required to complete one of the following rotations:
Rotation 1: You will spend 6 months with the e-FIC Team and 6 months with the AMM Team.
Rotation 2: You will spend 6 months with the e-FIC Team and 6 months with the Compute Team.
What you will do:
Your role will include:
- Provide Trading and Sales by providing algorithmic pricing, quoting, risk management and execution tools to help automate BNPP’s FIC market making activities.
- Conduct research and analysis using historical datasets to develop models behind the automation tools
- Interact with Trading, Sales and IT to ensure a timely delivery of projects to all interested parties' standards
- Continuously improve existing models to adapt to an ever changing market landscape
- Contribute to the day do day activity of the desk with a strong focus on quantitative research/trading and with strong interactions between quant traders and IT strategists (both in Paris and London)
- The primary working landscape will be on on alpha discovery in the medium frequency space (couple of minutes to couple of daysPerform simulation of strategies on our backtest framework (Lynx, XTI Simu)
- Help improve execution both liquidity placement and liquidity taking
- Work on modelling cross assets relationships
- Work with strategist to implement tools adaptation (Automaton : Edge / Backtester : Lynx)
- Perform Academic research digest on quant modelling topics
- Provide technical guidance and support to the e-trading quant teams
- Design and maintain core modular components of the framework used by the e-teams to construct high-performance cross-asset market applications
- Investigate the use of new/experimental technologies to improve the group’s workflow and products
Technical Skills and Qualifications required for the role:
- A minimum of a Masters or PhD in a quantitative subject such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Quantitative Finance or Engineering
- Excellent programming skills (C++, Python, Java, R or other equivalent)
- Data manipulation and database experience
- Interest in financial markets, economics and quantitative finance
- Experience of electronic markets, models and arbitrage strategies is not a prerequisite but a strong plus
- Delivery-driven mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong organisational skills
- Team Player
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Opening date: 5th September 2018
Closing date: 30th November 2018Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe.
The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financia
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1848
BNP Paribas, 10 Harewood Ave, Marylebone, London, UK